• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stress lines on a 9.2 Should I have gotten this pressed or is it worth pressing?

8 posts in this topic

Newbie to grading. Just got a 9.2 on this due to: Bottom Spine Crunch, Left Top Back Cover Crease, Spine Stress Lines. Also cream to off-white pages. 
I think it's possible for pressing to help out the cover crease and possibly help the spine crunch a bit. However, I don't understand stress lines. Is it possible that if there's enough of them, in conjunction with the cream to off-white pages, that would still be enough to drag the grade down and not bring it up to a 9.4 after a pressing? Also, it's hard to see in the pics or I just have a hard time seeing those stress lines. Thanks for any insight everyone!

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

On 10/7/2021 at 12:58 AM, Stronguy said:

It would have helped but, based on what's in the pictures, I don't think it would have bumped you.

Thanks for your input. Still learning the grading curve and this helps a lot. Appreciate it!