• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Spider-Man Thread - show them if you got em

34 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2021 at 12:12 PM, whetteon said:

Got these for

$15 + any tax appropriate,

back when my LCS used to have slab rummage sales....

bit of a mistype, it was $15 + tax a piece lol 

On 10/7/2021 at 12:34 PM, whetteon said:

Even better! Wow! What a steal. Especially for the SS. :ohnoez:

lol I also got a Spawn #9 cgc 9.6 for $20, those were the among the 1st slabs I had ever bought when getting back into the hobby in 2015.

I had never held a 9.8 in my hand before these three. There was a whole short box full, and I didn't really know what I was looking at ha!

In fact I was younger and had driven to meet my mom for lunch at her then job. I stopped in before the lunch meeting at the LCS and then went back to the LCS afterwards to get more!

I remember it well and posted about it in my registry with the books. Cause I had just discovered a "new way to collect!"

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just a little fact for the newer members of this forum: At it's height, the Ultimate Spider-Man #1 white cover variant in 9.8 sold for $1400 in 2004.  This factoid tells you how hot and desired the comic was. There wasn't any other comic of that era that was launched in the new millenum even coming close to those numbers for some time (With the exception of the Batman #608 Variant).  It set off something of a buyer frenze even pushing the 1st Ultimate Venom apperance issue #33 up to $40+ when it was a bit unheard of. This was after the comic bust. So to say these comics were "on fire" is hard thing to grasp in an era of deflating comic values.

The magic? - Marvel made Peter Parker relavant again, removed a lot of the backage that over complicated the 616 character and updated his urban speak. That's about it.  Rember that next time you see "Into the Spider-Verse" at theaters. :)P

On 10/7/2021 at 10:47 AM, whetteon said:

WE NEED MORE PICTURES!!!!

I have a few Ultimate Spider-Man 1s sitting around. A couple keepers in my boxes and one to sell. love that comic! That book got me into collecting! A hot $100 book at the time (it's actually back up again).. basically it was like Batman 1 New 52.. awesome Bagley digital enhanced art

Edited by littledoom

Thanks.   I know his ASM art commands more (title and all), but I thought his art on USM was better.   

One page that I really regret not buying was from the Black Costume arc.  It was basically a swipe from AF15 when Spidey confronts the burglar.  I remember looking at it multiple times on Spencer's website.  Never pulled the trigger though.  Wish I had.  It would've been a cool one to have.  

But, I'm more than happy with the 2 above.  I thought they were both great action/battle pages when I picked them up.  

I'm a big fan of the series too. 

I enjoyed the Ultimate universe.  Picked up Spidey, FF, and X-men since day one. 

Had to sell my #1 White when my pup got cancer and needed massive surgery.  But I still have the regular #1 and Dynamic Forces #1.  A few of the KB reprint #1s.  

Patrick