• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Montreal or Quebec comic stores?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

There’s a small store in Old Town Quebec City (inside the walls) that I stumbled across when visiting this summer. It’s mostly trades and newer wall books.

I didn’t go to any in Montreal but the sandwich from Schwartz made up for it.

Not a comics recommendation but when in Montreal and if you are interested in history, architecture or just really great museums head down to the waterfront and check out At Pointe-à-Callière which has an amazing exhibit where you walk on glass over the foundations of the original city. One of the most memorable exhibits I've been to in many years. The botanical gardens are also amazing and that is not something I usually would like. Overall just a fantastic city to visit. I need to get back there.

Oh and a trip to Schwartz for lunch is a must!

I had so much fun there I never even thought about comics!

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

On 10/9/2021 at 12:52 PM, Finhead said:

Where's Robert when you need him. lol@crassus

:hi: Strangely enough in Ontario for the Thanksgiving weekend....and on my phone... otherwise I could write a book.... lol

I have only frequented a handful of the stores here....and only 1 since Covid, so not exactly current.... and only 2 I ever knew that tried to stock back issues seriously... Komico on Decarie Blvd (Lee) near Snowden Metro and Comichunter (Marc) now on rue Clark near Sauve Metro. I can only speak from personal experience obviously, but both have always been friendly, polite, professional and honest with me. Both go way back long before I moved here in 1993, and I would guess have probably at one time or another known everybody and everything in the local scene. Full disclosure I used to leave books at Marc's on consignment but not since Covid, and indeed I haven't even been yet to his new location on Clark....

If you are not concerned about finding back issues per se there is also Millenium near Mount Royal Metro and Cosmix further on Decarie near Cote Vertu Metro. There used to be Carsley's right downtown on St Catherine's Street but I believe he closed his comic shop and now deals exclusively in coins and antiques....

On 10/9/2021 at 1:07 AM, piper said:

There’s a small store in Old Town Quebec City (inside the walls) that I stumbled across when visiting this summer. It’s mostly trades and newer wall books.

Is that the one that has the "No Loitering" sign on the front door lol

On 10/9/2021 at 4:24 PM, piper said:

I’d also recommend the Jean Tallon Market, a walk through old Montreal, a good old walk around some of the hipster areas conveniently located near Bagel Shops St Viateur and Fairmount…

45F8851E-94DA-43B5-ABB0-CC842D837BB3.jpeg

6B2D43A7-027A-42A2-8228-C1EF13F30EC1.jpeg

F097C79C-93DF-4316-8C45-F505317FEA93.jpeg

43AE9E06-20AA-4D0F-8BF8-16B91BBB2FB5.jpeg

E3B9175E-E10A-4CBA-B279-4F42D005DCA3.jpeg

86292EA8-35F3-4D9D-BAEE-51EE8F164656.jpeg

3A97E79A-6134-41ED-A69D-A8F40D639AD8.jpeg

AAC8E789-AFDC-4E57-8290-89BDB4931C79.jpeg

A0E58BF8-63B1-4201-A825-3679BFC1248A.jpeg

We also went to an open air market one morning; may have been that one. Great food abounds! I want to go back now. We were heading to Rochester NY after Montreal via Burlington VT. Since we didn't need a car in Montreal and crossing the border with a rental was crazy expensive we decided to take the Greyhound to Burlington and pick up a car there. We had a pretty comfortable bus ride until about twenty miles north of Burlington when the bus caught on fire! Well the engine bay anyway. We got off and I called a taxi service from Burlington who picked us up and took us to the airport where I got the car. Later that night I looked up how late that bus got into its final destination in Boston and it was eight hours late! Best taxi fare I ever paid.

On 10/9/2021 at 9:07 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

We also went to an open air market one morning; may have been that one. Great food abounds! I want to go back now. We were heading to Rochester NY after Montreal via Burlington VT. Since we didn't need a car in Montreal and crossing the border with a rental was crazy expensive we decided to take the Greyhound to Burlington and pick up a car there. We had a pretty comfortable bus ride until about twenty miles north of Burlington when the bus caught on fire! Well the engine bay anyway. We got off and I called a taxi service from Burlington who picked us up and took us to the airport where I got the car. Later that night I looked up how late that bus got into its final destination in Boston and it was eight hours late! Best taxi fare I ever paid.

20 miles north of Burlington is my old stomping grounds.