• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a bug around my comics slabs.
3 3

40 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2021 at 5:22 PM, Funnybooks said:

nasty

I know... thankfully the slab is pristine ...I'm debating if i should steal it up in a new box for a month and see if anything else shows up....I am assuming it was just from the reused packing material. 

Edited by Wolverinex

On 10/10/2021 at 5:29 PM, Funnybooks said:

Yesh, what would you do in my situation? Would rubbing alcohol suffice without hurting the slab.  

Edited by Wolverinex

On 10/10/2021 at 1:55 PM, Wolverinex said:

Got a pack of comics sent to me and found this little guy wrapped up in a slab.  Is this a silver fish or something else?

20211010_164539.jpg

That is a fly larvae. Is there only one?

If so just clean the larvae away, and tie it up in a bag.

On 10/10/2021 at 4:27 PM, oakman29 said:

That is a fly larvae. Is there only one?

If so just clean the larvae away, and tie it up in a bag.

I don't know how you do your job Oak. stuff like that and rats just creep me out. My dad had a tough job. He was an LAPD homicide photographer in the '60's-80's. He photographed some weird stuff. The only job worse was the guy that had to clean up after he left...

On 10/10/2021 at 5:47 PM, Wolverinex said:

@oakman29 since you are an expert.  The slab is pristine.  Do i need to wipe it with anything or just forget about it.  I'm not to worried about flies

No need to wipe anything down. Maybe the seller lives in a very humid area where flies were prevalent,  and one got in as he was packing your stuff.