• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Kent coming out!
2 2

62 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, SuperBird said:

Maybe the problem is that people think being bisexual is "shocking", or should be, or is intended to be.

By now, it shouldn’t be. Nor be promoted or exploited as such in comics.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/12/2021 at 10:46 AM, Ken Aldred said:

By now, it shouldn’t be. Nor be promoted or exploited as such in comics.

I have no problem with it being promoted. It's a good thing to have minority segments of the population feel represented, especially those that are discriminated against. It's all in how it's done. Some ways are heavy handed, some aren't.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:30 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

I have no problem with it being promoted. It's a good thing to have minority segments of the population feel represented, especially those that are discriminated against. It's all in how it's done. Some ways are heavy handed, some aren't.

Announcing it and spoiling a future story fit under this umbrella.

On 10/12/2021 at 5:30 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

I have no problem with it being promoted. It's a good thing to have minority segments of the population feel represented, especially those that are discriminated against

The post I replied to was about its corporate usage as an ongoing, still-marketable shock tactic, not about anything to do with open-minded social inclusion.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I just don't get why it's being done on the heels of the Tim Drake/Robin revelation.

It's like when Deep Star Six and the Abyss were released or Armageddon and Deep Impact or Robin Hood and Prince of Thieves or a Bug's Life and the Bee Movie.

Except they were competing movie studios.

On 10/12/2021 at 6:07 PM, shadroch said:

Fighting a Never Ending Battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. 

Sound like Supes is a Social Justice Warrior, not that there is anything wrong with that!

Superman's slogan has been updated too...

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://screenrant.com/superman-american-way-new-slogan-tolerance-dc-comics/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwii_aGb_cXzAhVYHc0KHefOBY4QFXoECAoQAg&usg=AOvVaw0eo0b2PYqq5drKe1tB0MnH