• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GoCollect's Updated Website
2 2

74 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2021 at 9:55 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

If you have a Heritage account, does the free option to see pricing still work via the links below, and maybe we can use as a work around for the fee hm

image.thumb.png.4b760b2caddeee4c4d20a86f0b7f9629.png

Just tried and it is working :banana:

image.png.59c2f58f017e3b12acb1238a98ff26f4.png

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

On 10/25/2021 at 2:14 PM, LudaToke said:

I was a non-paying user of this site before the update and felt that it offered me some decent information and data.  Now it seems the information/data has been further reduced for non-paying users while increasing the number of clicks required to access it.

A big step back.

I feel the same exact way. I’m not gonna pay for data that was once free before the website update. Since the data we were able to see is now locked behind a paywall, I see no use in using GoCollect currently.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:59 AM, Gaard said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten a reply from GC after submitting an observation/complaint about the new upgrade to the Helpdesk?

I received two responses, both saying essentially, "We know there is a problem, please be patient while we fix things.  We needed to upgrade the site in order to be able to track and report sales data better.  Blah blah blah."  

I wonder if they realize it's not just poor functionality but also lousy design, viewing capabilities, removed data and a paywall?

Is anyone happy or satisfied with the changes?

My lists *finally* seem to have been updated.

They still are listing out of order, but I would imagine that will get fixed eventually.

The big issues (for me) that remain are:

1. not being able to add runs of a book from the list view; 
  2. not being able to see whether i have copies of issues when searching through a title;
  3. The additional clicks this interface has whenever I want to add a book

On 10/14/2021 at 4:45 PM, Ceito said:

Hello to all.

In a nutshell, they took away the quick reference check on FMV for lower grades when one wants to check on a book, IMO. That was a very useful tool for a user that just wants to do a quick book check, and isn't a paid user. From the looks of it now it's a paid feature.

If they want certain features to be prime / paid I totally get that.  It costs money to build and maintain a site like GoCollect and I’m fine with pricing.

What they are doing now is just terrible business - we use GoCollect to quickly look up pricing data.  That is no longer intuitive or easy to do like it was before.  

I decided to check out after a couple of weeks. Still don't like the update.

But...

Pro is free and accessible this weekend if you have an account.

On 11/6/2021 at 2:23 PM, grendelbo said:

I decided to check out after a couple of weeks. Still don't like the update.

But...

Pro is free and accessible this weekend if you have an account.

using it now while I can to update the values on my slabbed books.

note sure how to value SS books