• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GoCollect's Updated Website
2 2

74 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 5:30 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

Maybe someday I'll have thousands of posts like CGC Illuminati. (worship)  

We will welcome you with open arms when that happens.

Not that there is a CGC Illuminati or anything like that... 

I mean... 

Yeah... 

On 10/13/2021 at 4:22 PM, djzombi said:

Free users like me are now up a creek.  

I can't access FMV for the books on my list - only look up FMV of similar books 6.0 and up (selected grades) - and bye-bye total FMV for the list, which is what I primarily kept an eye on.  If you want to access FMV for lower-grade books (5.0, 4.0, etc) it seems you have to pay.  

Site is also slow as molasses.  

I expect the server speed to get ironed out, but it's very clear there's little utility left for free members.  

Is there a reliable, cost-free alternative app or site to conveniently keep an eye on FMV of my CGC collection?  

Had the same question as I used GPC for cataloging my CGC books via the free access. If I'm going to be forced to pay, any of you use GPC or similar that you can recommend?

I don't have a huge CGC collection (approaching 500) but it's growing. I do have about an equal amount in raw books. 

I tested it last night on a few books. FMV prices were way off or didn't exist for common books. It did load faster. The listing order stinks. X-Men 1 first result should be the silver age, then 2nd jim lee. Not some reprints and vol 67 drek. I want to see the prices first. Can cate less about who the marvel editor at that time was, bury that at the bottom. For free it was good before, now not so. $10 or whatever is nothing. I would still rather keep track of or search sold results so I know why the book sold for that price and just not the price result.

I’ve been using their site to catalog my collection. Both raw and CGC books.  After the website change my lists disappeared. They are slowing coming back however still 4+ days later and there are still books missing. 
Also for all my raw books I have noted grades in those lists.  All of the grades are gone. :cry:
Really not happy with this website update. 

On 10/16/2021 at 11:08 PM, cbalroman said:

I’ve been using their site to catalog my collection. Both raw and CGC books.  After the website change my lists disappeared. They are slowing coming back however still 4+ days later and there are still books missing. 
Also for all my raw books I have noted grades in those lists.  All of the grades are gone. :cry:
Really not happy with this website update. 

For me it seems to be any issue that I entered multiples of - is that the same for you? I've been using the site the same way, and to help me identify candidates for grading. Both of these functions are currently severely gimped. It's extremely disappointing.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:45 PM, ronvogel said:

For me it seems to be any issue that I entered multiples of - is that the same for you? I've been using the site the same way, and to help me identify candidates for grading. Both of these functions are currently severely gimped. It's extremely disappointing.

Not multiples for me. My listed are more run lists. For example I have a raw run of Detective Comics from 400 to current. About 300 of the issues aren’t showing up any longer. GoCollect had noted on Twitter that the bigger the list the longer it was taking for the list to show back up. 

I’ve had other large lists show up but this Detective run is not. (Like my ASM and X-Men runs)

During the old site I would add the comic to my list, upload the scan of my comic and add grade and FMV for grade.  

Im just at a point of if all my data is lost (like what I noted for Comic grade) and I have to go back and re-enter data, I might as well start using another method or tool to keep track of my collection. 

On 10/17/2021 at 8:55 AM, Poekaymon said:

I prefer clean and fast over cluttered and fancy.  Strongly dislike this update.  

I wrote a long rant/review of the new site in response to a post in the Newbie forum that I won't repeat here, but I could not agree more with your assessment.  The update is an unmitigated disaster - almost certainly the worst site update on any site that I've ever used, by a wide margin.  They destroyed a really great collecting tool.  

It's almost like GoCollect let their competitors design the redesigned website, because I can hardly think of anything else they could have done to eliminate the useful aspects of their site and replace them with less useful, clunkier, far less intuitive features.  

I asked for a refund of my remaining subscription and cancelled my PayPal auto-renewal for my Pro subscription.  Whereas I happily prepaid my $90 for a year's subscription on the former site, this new site is trash and it just makes me angry to use it.  

It looks nice. I wish they still had prices for all grades. I'll probably just use Covrprice and maybe eventually pay for it. I don't sell enough graded books to use GPA, I just look at eBay comps for sales when I'm setting prices for raws that I sell on there.

10 days in and my lists are still incomplete. My efforts to catalog my collection are stalled, and I'm starting to think I may need to pay for a different service and start over. I'm about 3000 books in out of around 8000. Not happy.

On 10/21/2021 at 12:42 PM, Ares said:

yup.

It was bound to happen. 

Too much free info they gave out

I figured, they know most of us look at the top grades the most and decide to make it a paid membership. The new look of the sight is not very appealing either.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:59 AM, Gaard said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten a reply from GC after submitting an observation/complaint about the new upgrade to the Helpdesk?

I sent in a ticket about the missing books and the rep who got back to me has been very responsive and polite, however my issues with multiple copies of books not migrating remain unresolved.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:11 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

It looks nice. I wish they still had prices for all grades. I'll probably just use Covrprice and maybe eventually pay for it. I don't sell enough graded books to use GPA, I just look at eBay comps for sales when I'm setting prices for raws that I sell on there.

If you have a Heritage account, does the free option to see pricing still work via the links below, and maybe we can use as a work around for the fee hm

image.thumb.png.4b760b2caddeee4c4d20a86f0b7f9629.png