• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dented Silver Age Staple!
4 4

12 posts in this topic

This was bumped to this forum (PGM) by a mod, and that’s fine, but I wasn’t really looking for that right now.  

Has anyone noticed a significant decrease due to a staple submitted in this condition?  I’ll try and get more pics uploaded later, but I’d appreciate any experience you could share.  Thanks!

I also think this will end up 6.5/7.0. Whether it's production (which I think it is) or not, I don't think the bent staple is going to be a problem, so long as the cover and CF are secure at that staple.

As for whether it's "worth" it to submit this comic for grading, I have no idea how much money you're into this book for, but even a 6.5 or 7.0 ASM50 is a solid four-digit book. I would slab this were it my copy, but your collecting goals may vary.

If it seems to be that low, it really doesn’t need to be slabbed.  In that condition it’s still worth flipping through it would seem.  Everyone scrambles for the high grades, so slabbing what is essentially a reader doesn’t make sense.