• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - ASM #3
3 3

13 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2021 at 8:14 AM, Funnybooks said:

On 10/23/2021 at 5:27 PM, grendelbo said:

Thanks for posting.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:44 PM, Galen130 said:

Not often we are off so far.  I looked at this again, and hold my grade at 7.0. Maybe you see the top left shading line as a hit to the 6 range, but I see no way this is below a 6.0.

I also pulled my 80s price guide and a 6.0 copy was worth $90 in 1989.  I suspect the sellers grade was higher for him to pay $115 5 years or so earlier.

Would love to see you slab this and verify.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:11 PM, Zegeroth said:

Not often we are off so far.  I looked at this again, and hold my grade at 7.0. Maybe you see the top left shading line as a hit to the 6 range, but I see no way this is below a 6.0.

I also pulled my 80s price guide and a 6.0 copy was worth $90 in 1989.  I suspect the sellers grade was higher for him to pay $115 5 years or so earlier.

I can't disagree. Structurally a very solid book and it would not shock me if this returned strongly in the fine+ range. I was more concerned with the page quality and generalized tanning. I wouldn't kick this copy out of bed :banana:

Should we see a bit more gloss for a upper mid-grade book of this era?  I don't see a lot of color breaks, but a couple of corners are certainly holding it back.  Can we get a glimpse of the staples from the centerfold angle please...how clean are they?  Is that staining on bc, upper left corner area?

For now...

5.0.jpg

On 10/25/2021 at 11:45 AM, Funnybooks said:

I can't disagree. Structurally a very solid book and it would not shock me if this returned strongly in the fine+ range. I was more concerned with the page quality and generalized tanning. I wouldn't kick this copy out of bed :banana:

Top corner of the spine is it's major defect in my eyes. There is also minor+ wear beneath it. Bottom corner of the spine is rough. The copy has OW-CRM pages and a general aging to it entirely. The top edge of the front cover may also have some slight moisture damage.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:11 PM, Zegeroth said:

I'm super skittish about submitting (because I've never done it before), but I definitely will and soon-ish. ;) This book is near the top of the list.

FWIW, the book was purchased from Mike's Comic Hut in Queens, who graded it VF, which would actually put it around 8. It's sat in this same mylar back with an acid-free backing board since then until I took it out for photos.

PXL_20211025_185241297.jpg.7635d2dc5212d506efa5c80b54623ed3.jpg