• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Potentially Lost Submission

9 posts in this topic

I have a Modern Fast Track submission that was shipped to CGC in March (marked as received on April 6th) and the status has been stuck on "CCS in Process" for months. I have contacted support multiple times, but they just give me the run around with canned responses and estimated turn around times (that seem to keep getting longer each time). Is there anyway to actually confirm that my submission is being processed and not lost? Even with the current backlog 7 months for fast track that still hasn't even made it to grading seems insane. The order number is CGC7592119704.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, I do see your order is here. Fast Track Pressing is running about 131 business days right now.  Based on that time frame, your order is running a little behind where it should be.  I will send a message down to see if they can locate your order with CCS and try to get that moving along.  It may take some time to locate due to the extremely high volume of submissions we have currently with CCS but we will rush that into grading as soon as it is located.  

In the meantime, I will have our accounting department credit you back the Fast track fee for this invoice.  I am sorry for any inconvenience.

If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thanks!

This order finally shipped today. Unfortunately it shows "Unavailable" under grader notes and the book only received a 9.4. It looked like an easy 9.8 assuming the small non-color breaking ticks were pressed out (at minimum 9.6), so no grader notes to explain this is disappointing.

I have the book in hand now. Doesn't look like it was handled with much care during either the pressing or grading process. Lots of small little areas of wear that weren't there before. It now has 3 small color breaking spine ticks and color rub on the back cover at both staples. The book was a still bagged Ultimate Fallout 4 that I removed from the polybag and checked thoroughly before sending in. There was no color loss on the back cover. At least it does appear to have been pressed and all the pressable defects were improved.

Also concerning is the inner well. It seems smaller than it should be and moves around in the slab when titled. Never seen this before. In all my other CGC graded books the inner will fits tightly and doesn't move.

On 12/22/2021 at 5:51 PM, mshelton1984 said:

It now has 3 small color breaking spine ticks and color rub on the back cover at both staples. There was no color loss on the back cover. At least it does appear to have been pressed and all the pressable defects were improved.

Neat. So after 9 months of waiting and no idea where the book was, getting the jerk around for awhile, you got it back with the original minor defects removed but with new, more serious handling flaws while out of your care.

Fascinating.