• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slabs

8 posts in this topic

I slab anything that fits within the "runs" of stuff I decide I want to slab. Accordingly, I've got a handful of encapsulated 2nd and 3rd printings. The books in questions almost certainly weren't worth the slabbing fees from a strictly financial standpoint, but I wanted to let them know that I don't think any less of them just because they were printed later. They're still good books.

Fair disclosure: Everyone should collect how they want. Few people should collect how I want. :whee:

if you want examples just go to ebay and run some searches.

ASM 101 1992 facsimile edition is a good example. Over on MCS there are a number of CGC 9.8 copies up for grabs. And they have a 1992 Marvel Millstone Edition of ASM 129 CGC 9.6 for an eye watering $749 on consignment. (Consignment prices are frankly ridiculous in many cases!) Just seen a Batman 251 Facsimile Edition from 2019 on MCS too, it's a CGC 9.8 for $68. 

Edited by LowGradeBronze