• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE PART 2 from Legendary Pictures (11/17/23)
6 6

334 posts in this topic

Warner Bros/Legendary Entertainment’s Dune: Part Two held strongly in its sophomore session at the international box office, adding $81M to handily cross the $200M overseas milestone, and reaching $367.5M globally.

Turning back to Denis Villeneuve’s Dune: Part Two, the sci-fi epic added $81M from 72 international markets, just a 36% drop in the holdovers. The overseas cume is now $210.5M, putting global on its way to the four-century mark, currently with $367.5M through Sunday.

In like-for-like markets and using today’s exchange rates, the film is tracking 64% ahead of 2021’s Dune, 43% higher than Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, 36% over Godzilla Vs Kong, 3% above M:I7 and roughly on par with The Batman.

Saw this in 70mm Imax last night at 10pm in SF. Drove 3 hours each way. Fog and rain on the way back.
The Metreon 16 is a great theater, amazing visuals with chair shaking sound. Really strong movie although I do wish the 3rd act was a little longer.

Keeping fingers crossed there will be an extended version of some sort, not to mention an Imax version with the 1.43:1 ratio (of both movies).

The gladiator scene was especially awesome! Needless to say huge thumbs up.

My brother made a humorous observation comparing these Dune films to David Lynch's 1984 adaptation, which was basically that the part of the story Dennis Villeneuve took 2 1/2 hours to tell in this film David Lynch crammed into about 24 minutes.  xD

On 3/11/2024 at 12:44 PM, Axelrod said:

My brother made a humorous observation comparing these Dune films to David Lynch's 1984 adaptation, which was basically that the part of the story Dennis Villeneuve took 2 1/2 hours to tell in this film David Lynch crammed into about 24 minutes.  xD

Waiting for the punchline

:baiting:

Went with @Artboy99 to the movie on Friday. While it was a very good film, I liked the pacing and flow of the first film better. This one seemed a bit disjointed at times. 

My only disappointment is that it ended at the point that it did. I am not sure how they are going to cram the next book into one film.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:52 PM, kimik said:

Went with @Artboy99 to the movie on Friday. While it was a very good film, I liked the pacing and flow of the first film better. This one seemed a bit disjointed at times. 

My only disappointment is that it ended at the point that it did. I am not sure how they are going to cram the next book into one film.

The next book in actual length is less then half of the first book.