• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manufacturing ink Mark affects grade
2 2

16 posts in this topic

If you’d like us to grade your book, please provide more pics of the comic.  We need to see more than that area you’ve posted. 🙂🤙

Edited by Galen130

On 10/26/2021 at 8:10 AM, Comicvt said:

Book is in great shape just don’t know how that green ink in the corner will affect the grade.

I'm in the absolutely no effect camp as well, especially considering that this book appears to have a blown bottom staple.  :cry:

x.jpg.947f92d435ed6b9e0277703505773f54.jpg

Zzutak, you have eagle eyes! I revise my grade downwards I'm afraid. Strictly speaking with a blown or popped staple the highest grade that can be given is probably around a 4.0 but book presents much nicer. 

Comicvt, can you confirm the cover is off the bottom staple? It does look that way. 

Edited by LowGradeBronze

Don't think it will have an bearing. CGC does not hold manufacturing against you like [begin homer simpson voice here] stupid PSA, Stupid SGC, Stupid BGS do with Stupid trading cards.

Edited by MAR1979

the ink mark will no affect, I think you might have had a chance at 9.0 but the blown staple is going to kill you

On 10/26/2021 at 8:35 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

The ink mark won't have any bearing at all on the grade. None. I'm up around 8.0 to 8.5 with only the colour breaking stress along the very top edge of front cover holding it back. A wonder to behold, you lucky fella...thanks for sharing!

Completely agree 100%.  8.5ish and the printing defect will not affect the grade at that level.  Gorgeous book!

- Edit - I didn't realize the staple was popped.  I think the book will get a 6.5 or so in that case.  

Edited by FFB