• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When ETA???
2 2

50 posts in this topic

Be welcoming to new people. (thumbsu

Or they may become lurkers, for like, ever.

Which would be bad. They might be done with this place.

To OP - there is a long delay as CGC are grading more books than they can handle.

We are all in the same boat. :foryou:

On 10/30/2021 at 3:35 AM, MotorMouth3 said:

How would I know unless I open plastic and see the little thing I did just in case this happens!!!

Anyone else just a little curious what "little thing he did" and how disappointed he will be in the grade when it comes back lower due to this little thing? 

Graders notes: inside little thing ...

On 10/31/2021 at 10:55 PM, Shawn Everidge said:
On 10/30/2021 at 7:55 PM, Fisionbomb said:

False.

False how? Higher tiers have faster turnaround times.

Higher tiers aren't based on the value of the comic they're based on how much you're willing to pay for grading.

On 11/1/2021 at 7:26 AM, Fisionbomb said:

A $0.01 book submitted via "higher tier" will be processed at the same rate as any other book submitted in that tier. It's up to you to decide how much you want to pay for grading. 

Well, sure, you could do that, but why waste money on a cheap book? And I've heard board members say they will bump you up if your book is perceived by CGC to be of higher value. Sure, you can try and "scam" the system and lowball the value, but you may not get away with it.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:18 AM, Check And Mate said:

Because it proves what Fisionbomb says is correct.

Correct, but this can happen to any book in any tier.

It's clear the system is intended to provide faster turnaround times for higher value comics. Some people just want to argue.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:36 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

He's not compelling you to reply. It takes maturity to admit when you're wrong.

Did the original poster send his cheap books through walkthrough? I seriously doubt it. And I'm not interesting in proving my maturity to you, champ.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:43 AM, Shawn Everidge said:

Okay, champ.

Theyre "based" on value. Based being the key word. I choose to believe they're saying there are other options for basis, but all that wasnt clear. Base would be bare minimum, but the realized or actual can differ from person to person book to book