• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have knowledge of Venom Funeral Pyre #1 ?
2 2

40 posts in this topic

They’re probably backed up at CGC. :shy:

*Meaning they’re not in a seller’s hands to put up for sale*

Edited by Galen130
Clarification…

I don’t follow the question? 

Thanks I found it. When Venom #1 Funeral Pyre came out on August of 1993 it had 2 variations of a foil cover. One I see all over Ebay (attached photo) and the second one I could not locate it has a Gold cover. I finally did locate the Gold one as well but as mentioned above no one was selling it on Ebay at this time. Thanks!

Edited by Sgtmjwilson
Update

On 11/1/2021 at 7:58 PM, Sgtmjwilson said:

When Venom #1 Funeral Pyre came out on August of 1993 it had 2 variations of a foil cover.

No, it didn't. Some copies may look slightly different due to the realities of mass production, but there was only one version of the cover (art, not edition like Newsstand) produced. And, of course, it actually came out in June.

On 11/2/2021 at 3:15 PM, topcat54 said:

Yes there was a variant it was ( AUSTRALIAN) price variant and looks like a newsstand as well. Also it was published in August 1993.

You can see it here https://comicspriceguide.com/titles/venom-funeral-pyre/1/posq

This is the variant

phuyjus.thumb.jpg.7658b60643a0ddcdf73da47ee01be880.jpg

Wow very cool. I love the colors in that version!

Edited by Sgtmjwilson

On 11/2/2021 at 2:57 PM, Lazyboy said:

No, it didn't. Some copies may look slightly different due to the realities of mass production, but there was only one version of the cover (art, not edition like Newsstand) produced. And, of course, it actually came out in June.

Hey Lazyboy. Their has to be 2 versions of August 1st Venom Funeral Pyre cause I own both. A Redish one and a Golden one. The Golden one has just a little of red top corner but if you move the comic any direction there is no red in it.  Possibly you are thinking different run of the comic? 

IMG_5148.JPG

Edited by Sgtmjwilson
Update

On 11/2/2021 at 6:34 PM, Callipygian said:

Isn't that just a manufacturing defect? I don't believe Marvel published it like that on purpose. If so that's not a variant, just an error. Plus there's only one listing in the census.

https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Venom%3a+Funeral+Pyre&issue=1&publisher=Marvel+Comics&year=1993&issuedate=8/93

Not sure buddy. Why I am asking people like us that collect comics. If its an error wouldn't CGC call it an error? 

Edited by Sgtmjwilson
Update

On 11/2/2021 at 6:40 PM, Callipygian said:

Ah, ok, 'cause it sounded like you were telling us.

No, not necessarily.

Sorry, if I stated it that way. I am asking the mass of people have they came across the comic like that. I am sure they have and its nothing but like feed back.