• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2021 at 2:07 AM, kav said:

just deleted comment-it turns out member has me blocked.  Yes i'm stupid folks!

:roflmao:

Wonder who that is eh?  What's that aboot?

• Administrator
On 11/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, kav said:
On 11/15/2021 at 9:06 PM, CGC Mike said:

They are trying to fix this.  

just deleted comment-it turns out member has me blocked.  Yes i'm stupid folks!

Well, others are having trouble sending PM's.  Someone tried to send me 3, and none of them went through.  

I have to interrupt the fun momentarily and get back on topic-ish.  I know, I know!!  How dare he??!! :makepoint:

This past July, a huge change (for me especially) was made that allows board members with long-running sales threads to be able to edit listings after being posted for one year.  I've been working on a CA/MA sales thread since July 2020...long after changes were made that limited people to just one year.  I actually made a few posts about it, shared my displeasure, threatened to quit (in my mind)...then it was fixed.  Trying to sell off most of my collection, I wasn't interested in rushing it.  Plus, I wasn't aware of the Envision update in 2016/17 that limited editing after a year (from date of post).  I only figured it out when I couldn't edit the topic, which changes monthly when I'm going to add new stuff.

I don't know who initiated the fix, but after about a week...all good.  I appreciate that change for sure.  I'm even up to letter 'S' in my collection for listings!!!  Hopefully, it won't take until next July to finish.  Kudos to the boards powers-that-be!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Okay, you may return to your regularly scheduled shenanigans. :shy:

Action Rat.jpg

Edited by Galen130

On 11/15/2021 at 6:11 PM, Galen130 said:

I have to interrupt the fun momentarily and get back on topic-ish.  I know, I know!!  How dare he??!! :makepoint:

This past July, a huge change (for me especially) was made that allows board members with long-running sales threads to be able to edit listings after being posted for one year.  I've been working on a CA/MA sales thread since July 2020...long after changes were made that limited people to just one year.  I actually made a few posts about it, shared my displeasure, threatened to quit (in my mind)...then it was fixed.  Trying to sell of most of my collection, I wasn't interested in rushing it.  Plus, I wasn't aware of the Envision update in 2016/17 that limited editing after a year (from date of post).  I only figured it out when I couldn't edit the topic, which changes monthly when I'm going to add new stuff.

I don't know who initiated the fix, but after about a week...all good.  I appreciate that change for sure.  I'm even up to letter 'S' in my collection for listings!!!  Hopefully, it won't take until next July to finish.  Kudos the the boards powers-that-be!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Action Rat.jpg

247990028_2025506094289790_865092133039554570_n.jpg

On 11/16/2021 at 2:11 AM, Galen130 said:

I actually made a few posts about it, shared my displeasure, threatened to quit

I remember this well.

Looks like your foot stamping, crying and general whingeing paid off big time.  :baiting:

:341807820_celebrationemoji:

• Administrator
On 11/15/2021 at 9:11 PM, Galen130 said:

This past July, a huge change (for me especially) was made that allows board members with long-running sales threads to be able to edit listings after being posted for one year.  I've been working on a CA/MA sales thread since July 2020...long after changes were made that limited people to just one year.  I actually made a few posts about it, shared my displeasure, threatened to quit (in my mind)...then it was fixed.  Trying to sell off most of my collection, I wasn't interested in rushing it.  Plus, I wasn't aware of the Envision update in 2016/17 that limited editing after a year (from date of post).  I only figured it out when I couldn't edit the topic, which changes monthly when I'm going to add new stuff.

I don't know who initiated the fix, but after about a week...all good.  I appreciate that change for sure.  I'm even up to letter 'S' in my collection for listings!!!  Hopefully, it won't take until next July to finish.  Kudos to the boards powers-that-be!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Action Rat.jpg

I changed it to unlimited but, I believe that means only 2 years.  Why, I have no idea.  

On 11/15/2021 at 6:14 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

I remember this well.

Looks like your foot stamping, crying and general whingeing paid off big time.  :baiting:

:341807820_celebrationemoji:

247990028_2025506094289790_865092133039554570_n.jpg

On 11/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, CGC Mike said:

I changed it to unlimited but, I believe that means only 2 years.  Why, I have no idea.  

Still much appreciated.  Our hero!!! :x

Captain Underpants.jpeg

On 11/15/2021 at 6:21 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

You're not the first to threaten us with a FDQ exit and not actually go anywhere...and you won't be the last.

Why quite recently we had someone throw his toys out the pram for being politely rebuked by Mike, go somewhere else, start slagging off this place saying he was 'done with it'.

Within 24 hours he developed a fever and snuck back in under the barbed wire..

Gotta love these inmates who can't leave Hotel California.  :roflmao:

such a lovely place-

On 11/16/2021 at 2:25 AM, kav said:
On 11/16/2021 at 2:21 AM, G G © ® ™ said:

You're not the first to threaten us with a FDQ exit and not actually go anywhere...and you won't be the last.

Why quite recently we had someone throw his toys out the pram for being politely rebuked by Mike, go somewhere else, start slagging off this place saying he was 'done with it'.

Within 24 hours he developed a fever and snuck back in under the barbed wire..

Gotta love these inmates who can't leave Hotel California.  :roflmao:

such a lovely place-

such a lovely face~