• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

@CGC Mike

First Happy Thanksgiving, hope you enjoy the holiday.

Not sure if it is just my computer, but the buffering :pullhair:  lol 

and etc. causing not all the reactions to show up, and taking forever to quote and reply window to pop up.

I'm now doing updates myself on the device, so perhaps it's just time for those and if so carry on, have gobble gobble day! :roflmao: 

On 11/25/2021 at 3:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not sure if it is just my computer, but the buffering :pullhair:  lol 

I get periods of buffering several times a day, every day, for anything between 2 and 5 minutes. And sometimes on this website too.

Every other website I open while it's happening is fast and problem free, indicating that it is probably a CGC site thing. That said, I assumed it was just happening to me, as my middle name is lucky and the few times I have mentioned it, no one else piped up. It didn't even make it onto Mike's list of site issues (wherever that went). I've sat there several times today, wondering if what I had just typed would land, be saved in draft on refresh, or disappear. So you're not alone.

To be fair, most of it was horse manure though, what I typed, so it wouldn't have been the end of the world if it had gone missing.

Oh, fair enough, it was all horse manure then. 

On 11/25/2021 at 4:39 PM, CGC Mike said:

When the board techs get caught up on everything else, I will address this problem.  The first batch sent to them was substantial.  

Indeed. We're all just glad that it is being addressed,  and thanks for the updates, they're steady :)

• Administrator

So, I am going to scrap the idea of adding more reaction emojis.  There doesn't seem to be much interest.  Also, I don't really like any of the choices.  If something more appealing comes along in the future, we can revisit this.  

On 11/25/2021 at 5:56 PM, CGC Mike said:

So, I am going to scrap the idea of adding more reaction emojis.  There doesn't seem to be much interest.  Also, I don't really like any of the choices.  If something more appealing comes along in the future, we can revisit this.  

image.jpeg.2761be1b077016c671078ff9fbab7236.jpeg

On 11/25/2021 at 5:43 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Not overly exciting though....

But wait!!!

New emojis :womanhero::manhero:

It's all relative at this point but yes, hoping for a speedy recovery for the boards!

giphy-8.gif

On 11/24/2021 at 9:21 AM, skypinkblu said:

Does the 4th one from the left, 2nd row, have it's hair on fire?

That is his head exploding, in short.. “mind blown” or it’s “mind blowing.”

On 11/25/2021 at 6:42 PM, CAHokie said:
On 11/24/2021 at 8:21 AM, skypinkblu said:

Does the 4th one from the left, 2nd row, have it's hair on fire?

That is his head exploding, in short.. “mind blown” or it’s “mind blowing.”

GOqK5sf.gif.0f53791bf050d3a66af0b6032d434c15.gif

@dena One thing I would like to see fixed is often when you go to comment your last post pops up and sometimes if its quoting another long post you have to scroll and delete or refresh and try again then 'clear editor' pops up and you can use it.  Would be nice if clear editor popped up every time.

On 12/9/2021 at 6:57 PM, kav said:

@dena One thing I would like to see fixed is often when you go to comment your last post pops up and sometimes if its quoting another long post you have to scroll and delete or refresh and try again then 'clear editor' pops up and you can use it.  Would be nice if clear editor popped up every time.

is clear editor going to ease up? 

On 12/10/2021 at 3:02 PM, Comics4All said:

is clear editor going to ease up? 

I hope it climb a bit.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:54 PM, CGC Mike said:

The tech team is aware of the google search problem.  

They did a nice job with the robots.txt file :wink: A few basic searches that include cgc boards + search term returns good results including descriptions about the thread. Definite improvement! Searching for cgc + search term still returns results but less accurate. It's going to take some time, but progress for sure.