• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, MyNameIsLegion said:

Eggs are a new one, but then we used to make dressing with ground venison 

It was my mom's recipe so I've gone off that for starters, last year I thought about adding meats, but usually its hearty enough without any extra. She's no longer able, so I've made Thanksgiving the last 5 years. This time I'm not doing a Turkey at all :(

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/15/2021 at 5:39 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Cake and Ice Cream, Pie, etc = Dessert

Sand, cactus, scorpions, etc = Desert

Yes sorry about that :)

And thanks. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/15/2021 at 5:07 PM, Bird said:

What is your stuffing all about? I need sausage in my stuffing, w/onion, celery, parsley. garlic, Peppridge Farm croutons and stock. I think that is it! I am going to my brother's for Thanksgiving and if the stuffing is too wet there will be words.

Didn't you mention a green bean casserole last year? Sometimes we put meat in that. Although I've never been too much a fan. It's basically the Turkey and some ham and a bunch of starches lol

On 11/15/2021 at 5:50 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 11/15/2021 at 5:07 PM, Bird said:

the stuffing is too wet there will be words.

tumblr_n3qt11YDch1svak97o1_400.gif.6dc2d00b60e74646f5dd5ca1e66be54a.gif

Oh no, you dont add the liquid till the end, then its damage control on how much liquid, for sure!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/15/2021 at 6:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Didn't you mention a green bean casserole last year? Sometimes we put meat in that. Although I've never been too much a fan. It's basically the Turkey and some ham and a bunch of starches lol

You a stalker.

Yes, green bean casserole is a thing every year for us. I eat just a few forkfulls but it HAS to be on the table for a few of the people. I think it is green beans (frozen) and campbell's cream of mushroom soup, then some French's fried onions on top at the end.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh no, you dont add the liquid till the end, then its damage control on how much liquid, for sure!

No no no, you soak the breading so that it is moist but doesn't quite lose its shape (it will later).

This is why I have to bring the stuffing sometimes. 

On 11/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, Bird said:

No no no, you soak the breading so that it is moist but doesn't quite lose its shape (it will later).

This is why I have to bring the stuffing sometimes. 

Well I put it dry in a bowl, then soak it all together when I add the liquid at the end and before baking.