• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2021 at 7:44 PM, The Meta said:

I'm going to state here that what's being said about jsilverjanet isnt on the nose at all

Yeah he may have reacted in an inappropriate manner, but slagging him isn't any better

I have to ask, what isn't on the nose?

He's gone to another board to complain and smear people here.  It's cowardly and immature and toxic and far beyond inappropriate.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:55 AM, thehumantorch said:

He's gone to another board to complain and smear people here.  It's cowardly and immature and toxic and far beyond inappropriate.

And, he's been doing it for years.  :screwy:

On 11/16/2021 at 12:07 PM, thehumantorch said:

Sigh.  I thought he was a solid and happy boardie up until recently.  Guess I've been oblivious.

The other board performs a useful service-it reveals people's true nature.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:55 AM, thehumantorch said:

You and I have met, we've shook hands, you really think this is appropriate to discuss in public?

If you want my version of things, ask. You want his side of the story, that's up to him.

Don't be a 

200.gif

On 11/16/2021 at 1:35 PM, The Meta said:

You and I have met, we've shook hands, you really think this is appropriate to discuss in public?

If you want my version of things, ask. You want his side of the story, that's up to him.

Don't be a 

200.gif

We've shook hands and happy to do it again.  It was a pleasure to meet you.  I'd also like to meet janet and shake his hand.

But there's no excuse for what he's posted on the other board.

On 11/16/2021 at 12:42 PM, thehumantorch said:

We've shook hands and happy to do it again.  It was a pleasure to meet you.  I'd also like to meet janet and shake his hand.

But there's no excuse for what he's posted on the other board.

I totally agree with you, his lash out is appalling, but what people is missing is that I 100% understand it

He's been harassed by people here, and I know what it feels like. 

I do not want a he said, she said :shy:(quiet you guys) bunch of kerfuffle flying around, especially since it's really none of my  business.

jsilverjanet is one of the most up front and nicest person I've dealt with for books, so I felt I had to say something, because not everything is as it seems.

Again I do not condone his behavior, I know he's better than that, and it's MY prerogative if I like him or not. I'm not swaying anyone's opinion 

On 11/16/2021 at 12:49 PM, The Meta said:

I totally agree with you, his lash out is appalling, but what people is missing is that I 100% understand it

He's been harassed by people here, and I know what it feels like. 

I do not want a he said, she said :shy:(quiet you guys) bunch of kerfuffle flying around, especially since it's really none of my  business.

jsilverjanet is one of the most up front and nicest person I've dealt with for books, so I felt I had to say something, because not everything is as it seems.

Again I do not condone his behavior, I know he's better than that, and it's MY prerogative if I like him or not. I'm not swaying anyone's opinion 

sorry but hector came after me first.  you cant go after someone then when they respond claim they are harassing you.  nope.

On 11/16/2021 at 12:59 PM, kav said:

sorry but hector came after me first.  you cant go after someone then when they respond claim they are harassing you.  nope.

You do you, Kav. Like I said, it's none of my business, I'm not going out and clearing his name, that isn't my place

I'm just saying I UNDERSTAND. 

I can relate.

I know him enough to say that he is a decent human being

On 11/16/2021 at 1:01 PM, The Meta said:

You do you, Kav. Like I said, it's none of my business, I'm not going out and clearing his name, that isn't my place

I'm just saying I UNDERSTAND. 

I can relate.

I know him enough to say that he is a decent human being

Hey I thought he was decent once too.  I get it.  He sent me an omnibus out of the blue.  He has since gone after me in innumerable and execrable ways.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:03 PM, kav said:

Hey I thought he was decent once too.  I get it.  He sent me an omnibus out of the blue.  He has since gone after me in innumerable and execrable ways.

And I totally get it. I totally understand, I know what it's like 

What's between the two of you, is between the two of you

You going to stop being civil with me because I know jsilverjanet is a decent person?

Edited by The Meta

On 11/16/2021 at 1:05 PM, The Meta said:

And I totally get it. I totally understand, I know what it's like 

What's between the two of you, is between the two of you

You going to stop being civil with me because I know jsilverjanet is a decent person?

absolutely not.  I have friends here that are friends with people I despise.  that is irrelevant.  I'm not in charge of who anyone is friends with.  

On 11/16/2021 at 1:08 PM, The Meta said:

Yes

I'm not a 13 year old girl.  I dont end friendships because someone is friends with an enemy.
The whole reason hector went after me was because of exactly this-I was enemies with his buddy RMA.  Childish.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, kav said:

absolutely not.  I have friends here that are friends with people I despise.  that is irrelevant.  I'm not in charge of who anyone is friends with.  

Exactly. This is why I've learned to respect you

I had just written you off, but I've changed.  

A lot

I dont condone a lot of what you do Kav, but I respect you enough as a human being to be civil enough to be able talk to you

On 11/16/2021 at 1:09 PM, kav said:

I'm not a 13 year old girl.  I dont end friendships because someone is friends with an enemy.
The whole reason hector went after me was because of exactly this-I was enemies with his buddy RMA.  Childish.

Are you sure?

I honestly doubt jsilverjanet is that childish