• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, kav said:

Absolutely.

All I can do is (shrug)

I dont know and can't speak for him.

Greggy, don't laugh. I've dealt with the man, I haven't met him in person

I dont know if you know him better than I do. I can only state what I DO know. 

A lot of people can back me up on that because they've felt the same way about him

On 11/16/2021 at 1:16 PM, kav said:

Look at his posts over there.  If thats not childish I dont know what is.

Fair enough 

To me though, hating someone just because your friends with someone else, is VERY much a misconception of how I see things 

The only way you're ever really going to know is to ask him directly 

Which is between you and him

On 11/16/2021 at 1:18 PM, The Meta said:

Fair enough 

To me though, hating someone just because your friends with someone else, is VERY much a misconception of how I see things 

The only way you're ever really going to know is to ask him directly 

Which is between you and him

There's an entire history and timeline here of how everything went down.  If you read the old moderation thread from p 74-87, you will see what happened between me and RMA.  Then hector started going after me, here, and over there.  Surely you remember the long wars and what was posted about me and logan over there.  There is no mystery here-at all.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:21 PM, kav said:

There's an entire history and timeline here of how everything went down.  If you read the old moderation thread from p 74-87, you will see what happened between me and RMA.  Then hector started going after me, here, and over there.  Surely you remember the long wars and what was posted about me and logan over there.  There is no mystery here-at all.

Going to be flat out honest with you

My memory has a lot of holes in it. It's frustrating. Immensely 

I've been trying to mend fences, I've reached out to a lot of people, and I know there are people I'm missing

Luckily a few have reached out to me.

I've said my piece, Kav. 

We've spoken over PM and I thought we've mended our fence.

Find it hard to believe that couldn't happen with others

On 11/16/2021 at 1:25 PM, The Meta said:

Going to be flat out honest with you

My memory has a lot of holes in it. It's frustrating. Immensely 

I've been trying to mend fences, I've reached out to a lot of people, and I know there are people I'm missing

Luckily a few have reached out to me.

I've said my piece, Kav. 

We've spoken over PM and I thought we've mended our fence.

Find it hard to believe that couldn't happen with others

I understand.

The idiom originated from the 17th century proverb which states “Good fences make good neighbours”. So apparently, when the fence is damaged, it is mended or repaired in order to maintain the good relationship with your neighbour.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:28 PM, kav said:

The idiom originated from the 17th century proverb which states “Good fences make good neighbours”. So apparently, when the fence is damaged, it is mended or repaired in order to maintain the good relationship with your neighbour.

Learn something new everyday 

On 11/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, The Meta said:

I'd rather see those posts much more often than not

Just my opinion 

When you read someone the riot act you give a stern warning, but what is it that you would have been reading? The Riot Act was a British law passed in 1714 to prevent riots. It went into effect only when read aloud by an official. If too many people were gathering and looking ready for trouble, an officer would let them know that if they didn’t disperse, they would face punishment.

On 11/16/2021 at 12:42 PM, thehumantorch said:

We've shook hands and happy to do it again.  It was a pleasure to meet you.  I'd also like to meet janet and shake his hand.

But there's no excuse for what he's posted on the other board.

Thanks for saying that, it means a lot. I really did feel bad for being unable to stick around, but I knew we'd bump into each other soon again

On 11/16/2021 at 1:49 PM, The Meta said:

I totally agree with you, his lash out is appalling, but what people is missing is that I 100% understand it

He's been harassed by people here, and I know what it feels like. 

I do not want a he said, she said :shy:(quiet you guys) bunch of kerfuffle flying around, especially since it's really none of my  business.

jsilverjanet is one of the most up front and nicest person I've dealt with for books, so I felt I had to say something, because not everything is as it seems.

Again I do not condone his behavior, I know he's better than that, and it's MY prerogative if I like him or not. I'm not swaying anyone's opinion 

Understood.  To his credit jsilverjanet sent me a pm after my comments.  A very mature and stand up thing to do and I'm not sure I could be so classy.

I don't know how we got here.  I don't understand why he's so unhappy.  I've never had or seen a problem with him up until recently when he started to complain.  I don't want him to leave.