• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not OK, really not ok...
4 4

171 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2021 at 7:46 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Wow, you have 800-900 books being graded? I'm honestly surprised there's not a "dealer tier" or "volume tier" for high-volume submitters that gets turned around more quickly. I understand they're buried in total volume right now, but I guess I always assumed the super-submitters had a special pipeline or something...

I know people who have triple what I have at CGC currently, and they are furious.

The next step will be a price increase. The number one way to slow down an unmanageable volume of work is to do just that .... then you end up doing less work for more money. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, jimjum12 said:

The next step will be a price increase. The number one way to slow down an unmanageable volume of work is to do just that .... then you end up doing less work for more money. GOD BLESS...

To keep their base services low enough so their "competitors" can't call them out (and 'possibly' gain market share) they should keep base pricing the same.
They should double the cost of fast track (and half the turnaround time) and make hay while the sun shines.

Edited by Troy Division

On 11/6/2021 at 11:43 AM, Gary Strange said:

So they got simplicity esports for trading card submissions(?!) but shouldn’t they be looking for more comic submission locations?

They're probably already performing some sort of Logistics Analysis, if not, they need to. Unfortunately, those types of solutions often involve satellite locations which are not usually the first steps a new owner will take. Ultimately, they need to at least have a Northeast and a Southwest location, nearer to the Mega-Submitters and tailored more to their needs. GOD BLESS...

On 11/5/2021 at 5:43 PM, Troy Division said:

To keep their base services low enough so their "competitors" can't call them out (and 'possibly' gain market share) they should keep base pricing the same.
They should double the cost of fast track (and half the turnaround time) and make hay while the sun shines.

I agree. You get those faster turnaround times for those that really want it and want to pay the money to get it. I can see people complaining that want to make a quick buck on titles that they know will peak quickly and drop, but meh.

On 11/4/2021 at 7:27 PM, Fisionbomb said:

The clock starts when your package is delivered, BUT (and I think this is what most people fail to understand) the TAT from when your package was delivered is whatever the current posted TAT is. Not whatever the posted TAT was on the day your package was delivered. 

Making up numbers but for example: Your package was delivered 10/01 and on the day TAT was 45 days. Now TAT is 123 days. This is now your TAT, 123 days from 10/01. If it changes to 80 days tomorrow YOU'RE AT 80 DAYS FROM 10/01. If it changes again to 200 days in a week, YOU'RE AT 200 DAYS FROM 10/01.  Forget about whatever the TAT was when your package was delivered. Today's posted TAT is your TAT from date of delivery.

oh no i get that ... if we're at 131/140 as of today that would put my MODERN's at 27 weeks since they got the package ... so thats about 135 days ... take out holidays probably more like 125-130 ... so they should be done and in the mail in 24 hours ... not likely

On 11/9/2021 at 4:58 PM, JDubeCT said:

oh no i get that ... if we're at 131/140 as of today that would put my MODERN's at 27 weeks since they got the package ... so thats about 135 days ... take out holidays probably more like 125-130 ... so they should be done and in the mail in 24 hours ... not likely

The other thing people don't seem to understand:

Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. "

On 11/6/2021 at 10:12 AM, jimjum12 said:

They're probably already performing some sort of Logistics Analysis, if not, they need to. Unfortunately, those types of solutions often involve satellite locations which are not usually the first steps a new owner will take. Ultimately, they need to at least have a Northeast and a Southwest location, nearer to the Mega-Submitters and tailored more to their needs. GOD BLESS...

Given the increase in the number of questionable grades/posts/slabs that we've seen in the last few months, I really hesitate to think what would happen if they sped up the turnaround times at this point.  QC has been a mess and churning out books more quickly is not the solution.  There's an argument that they hire more people, but would you trust new people to accurately identify issues before the books are sent to shipping?

On 11/9/2021 at 5:30 PM, Fisionbomb said:

I do understand that - and if you read the whole thing i was more mad that I was told they would be done in a couple of weeks and here we are 4+ weeks later and i am again being told 'in a few weeks' ....

Whole lottta talk about all these thousands of books everyone has submitted!  My ONLY question is this:

Does anyone have an Adventures of Superman 499 3rd printing (potentially in 9.8) DCU logo book in any of those millions of books submissions??

If you do I’m your guy… just sayin’ lol

On 11/9/2021 at 6:45 PM, JDubeCT said:
On 11/9/2021 at 5:30 PM, Fisionbomb said:

I do understand that - and if you read the whole thing i was more mad that I was told they would be done in a couple of weeks and here we are 4+ weeks later and i am again being told 'in a few weeks' ....

So you understand anything they told you was an estimate and not gauranteed... but you're mad that you're now being given a different estimate that is also not guaranteed? 

On 11/9/2021 at 6:54 PM, Fisionbomb said:

So you understand anything they told you was an estimate and not gauranteed... but you're mad that you're now being given a different estimate that is also not guaranteed? 

No. If a client of mine calls me and asks "Hey, this has been like this for a while now do you know when it will be done?" and I reply "yeah 2-3 weeks" and then 4 weeks later they ask again and i say another 3-4 weeks I am likely to lose that client. Estimates are one thing. Moving the goal post over and over is another. 

On 11/9/2021 at 6:56 PM, JDubeCT said:

No. If a client of mine calls me and asks "Hey, this has been like this for a while now do you know when it will be done?" and I reply "yeah 2-3 weeks" and then 4 weeks later they ask again and i say another 3-4 weeks I am likely to lose that client. Estimates are one thing. Moving the goal post over and over is another. 

So is CGC going to lose you as a client?

On 11/9/2021 at 7:09 PM, JDubeCT said:

You know what, I am not here to debate semantics with you ... long story short its crappy customer service, its an ongoing issue, and as a paying customer i am not OK with it. That better?

It's perfectly ok for you to not be ok with whatsoever you choose to not be ok with. . .

Doesn't mean it makes sense to come on the boards and rant about it then back pedal though. hm