• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should CAF have an "Anonymous" gallery room?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

For you "black hole" collectors amongst us who have amazing pieces, but never post them because you know this will lead to unwanted messages and solicitations, would you be open to an "Anonymous" gallery room where no owners identities would be provided? 

One of the greatest OA joys I have is perusing the What If Kirby (https://whatifkirby.com/) gallery pages, for two reasons: I love OA and I love knowing the pages actually exist. The latter is important, considering how much art has been lost over the years. It would be very nice to see some of the art which has been hidden/buried in collections, for exactly the same reason -- and I believe an "Anonymous" gallery might help to bring some of this art into the light, with no burden imposed on the owners.

Edited by Guest

Not OP, but I think the idea is one generic Gallery. That way the art isn't attributed to a single owner.

I'm not a black hole collector or have anything that would impress people, but if that were available and if it were utilized, I think it could be fun from a :popcorn: perspective to see what pops up there and allow speculation to ownership and provenance.