• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading, Submitting questions.

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm thinking about submitting the following comics for grading and it is my first time doing a submission. I've done as much research as I can over the last few years while I sat on my collection. I am not stupid enough to think I have it all figured out and I'd love to hear from experienced folks on here. 

First here are the books I'm considering grading:  Avengers 57, Iron man 1, Tales of Suspense 50, The amazing spider man 41, 129, 101, Submariner 1, The incredible Hulk 181, 180, The Mighty Thor 165

Would any of you suggest a minimum cut off point for grading on any of these issues?

I am also concerned about sending certain books like Hulk 181 through the mail - any suggestions on that matter? Is insurance even an option? 

Thank you in advance.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:36 PM, JennyG13 said:

Would any of you suggest a minimum cut off point for grading on any of these issues?

A big part of this is to question why you want to get those books graded in the first place. If its to sell then you would need to do the cost analysis of one grade over the other and its worth to you to not get the desired grade and price you want. If its for you own personal reasons then the cut off point doesnt really matter, unless you are one of those people that only want 9.8s or some other specific grade.

As for sending them in...if you have waited a while without grading, maybe wait a little longer and take the books to a local con that CGC is attending when the time comes. Alternatively you can mail them and pay for all the extra insurance and hope the hassle of a claim wont be needed. Another option is to fly/drive/boat to Florida and take the books in yourself, which I believe is an option again.

Hope this helps. 

Of course each grade will result in a different price, but it might also resulT in different submission costs, which will cut into your profit margin.

preferred profit margin is different for everyone.

if I were you, I’d just post clear pictures of each book in the “please spare me a grade” subforum and ask the masses individually for the grade and if it should be submitted 

it still might be subjective, but is a good start

it’s not too many books

If you cannot grade, then (as previously suggested) post them in the PGM sub-forum. Take some good pictures of the front and back covers, and any possible interior flaws. 1 comic per thread, 3 threads per day. After you have approximate grades, you can do the cost-analysis. It's likely that the books you mentioned will be profitable, but it's always best to make sure.