• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF #10
3 3

11 posts in this topic

I think it would be helpful to quote from CGC's Current Stance on Tape Repairs:

"After consideration of the expressed views of the community and assessment of the practice, beginning with submissions postmarked after May 3, 2013, CGC will modify its grading standard and ignore the presence of tape if it serves a function (such as fixing a tear or spine split) and instead grade the book as if it was not present. Therefore, any existing defect will be graded accordingly. If the tape does not serve a function, the tape will be treated as a defect and the book will be downgraded. By doing this, books will still receive a Universal Label but the grade will better reflect the actual condition of the comic book."

Hence, you're effectively looking at a book with a partially detached cover, a 4" spine split (maybe more), 1" tears on both the front and back covers, moderate edge wear, tape stains, and other lesser blemishes/defects.  (thumbsu 

On 11/13/2021 at 8:40 AM, zzutak said:

, a 4" spine split (maybe more),

This comic doesn't have spine split, I went back back and look at the pictures that I posted and there is one picture that slightly could be misinterpreted for a spine split due to the shadow in the picture but really it's just me showing off but the cover is detached at one staple, if you look closely again I think you'll see there is no spine split.. If you want I can take a better picture directly up is spine to show it off better

thank you so much though for your advice and input it really helped

On 11/13/2021 at 11:26 AM, billbrown7080 said:

This comic doesn't have spine split

Gotcha.  For what it's worth, my analysis was based on the tape present along the inside spine.  99% of the time, tape is placed like this for one reason: to repair/stabilize a spine split.  :hi:

x1.jpg.80bd6dfdc9a9a52fc92ed1378e265c14.jpg