• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay id bronze!

36 posts in this topic

On a side note, dealers like this really leave a buyer in a catch-22. Their grading is off by enough to justify leaving a negative, but they give full refunds and are friendly enough to make the buyer feel bad about it. What to do? confused-smiley-013.gif I usually don't leave any feedback at all.

actually, last night i looked through my spreadsheets and discovered that i had, in fact, purchased from this guy in the past.

Avengers 98 in "VF+" turns out to be a "F+"

poop.

but i paid under grade for it, not an obscenely low amount, but it still was bad enough a grading oversight to keep me from buying again

Now I remember this seller. foreheadslap.gif

Only bought once a couple of years ago, I believe an FF 9? advertised as a VF/NM which turned out to be a VF- at best.

seriously.

you might have a better chance just compiling a list of every comic seller on ebay and asking everyone to put a checkmark next to the people they've bought from and a general impression of each

please note these are all anecdotal, based on one time usage by yours truly;

kimiakane will overcharge you for shipping. and i mean overcharge. ouchie.

ingrid_mcleary will stuff ten bagged and boarded books - admittedly, books you underpaid for by about 90% - unprotected into a comic-sized USPS envelope. books will receive damage.

ronlocknut will throw your books - unbagged, unboarded and unprotected - into a standard USPS mailer. good luck, and Godspeed

i'm sure there are others. but this is all i have notes on right now

I have a bunch...

Neatstuff, Kochkom, cosmic-king : grading was off by 2 or more points

kimiakane, caapscomics, matrixhasyou, aardvarkps, bronze!, wonderlandcomics, imagesowner2 : grading off by a point or more

29frank29: books not packaged properly, no protection even though I specifically asked for cardboard sheets

Sorry to hear about the bad experience with bronze. frown.gif I looked through my stuff, and I think I bought four books from this guy...two that I thought were graded ok, one that was a notch soft, and one that was two notches soft. Still, the one that was two notches soft was a Batman 222 at about 1/3 guide, so I didn't complain. Would I buy from him again? Yeah, probably, but I'd be cautious about anything over $20.

You got a Batman 222 at a third of guide? What shape is it in?

In general, it can be hard to judge dealers based on the experiences of others. I was exchanging info with another guy recently and one of his "absolutely do not buy from" sellers was someone I had dealt with at least 4 or 5 times with amazing success. I guess you never know. confused-smiley-013.gif