• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay id bronze!

36 posts in this topic

I've bought from him, and liked the books. I'd buy again if he comes up with something on my want list...he tends to get a lot of Batmans, so that's likely. Grading is sometimes a small touch generous (I'd give a VF to his VF+, etc..), but certainly head and shoulders above your average raw seller on ebay.

I bought 3 high grade silver ASMs from him a year or two ago, and all were overgraded by 1.0 or so...but he was friendly, agreed with me that they were off, apologized for the oversight, & picked up the original shipping. So, some grading looseness noted, but I'd be willing to deal with him again. (Yep, Andy, do let us know how the Tec 396 works out!)

Looks like bronze! was willing to give him a break, as the seller has now relisted the books with a BIN of $150. I'd do the same...after all, we all want good deals, but not from taking advantage of a seller's big mistake. Nice to see. thumbsup2.gif

Looks like bronze! was willing to give him a break, as the seller has now relisted the books with a BIN of $150. I'd do the same...after all, we all want good deals, but not from taking advantage of a seller's big mistake. Nice to see. thumbsup2.gif

i agree. actually i was expecting the above to happen

I just bought a Detective 396 from him and it should be arriving shortly. He put it at 8.5, I will let you know how accurate his grading is when I get it.

Got the book today. Seller had it at an 8.5, I would put it at 7.0 at best. It has multiple color breaking creases, a small color pull, and spine stress. It's going back and I wouldn't buy from this guy again. confused-smiley-013.gif I will post a scan and people can judge for themselves.

Yep, 7.0. A fine book to have, just not to pay an 8.0 or 8.5 premium on.

Yeah, pretty much. I paid $20 for it, which is about F/VF guide. It's not that I dislike the book so much, I wouldn't mind keeping it, I just wouldn't have paid more than 50% of guide for it.

1 1/2" crease through Batman's right leg, 3 creases above his belt, three 1" color breaks on the back, and a color lift on the "e" in Detective. frown.gif

Boy, I regret sounding generally positive about this seller yesterday. Those three ASMs I bought from him were all graded at 8.0 and 8.5, and all of them turned out to be very much like this Detective...enough of an accumulation of defects on each to very quickly knock them out of 8.0 range (let alone 8.5!). The seller apologized so much that I thought it was just an oversight, but obviously his grading hasn't changed at all. I'd return this one in a hurry, just on principle. frown.gif

1 1/2" crease through Batman's right leg, 3 creases above his belt, three 1" color breaks on the back, and a color lift on the "e" in Detective. frown.gif

Boy, I regret sounding generally positive about this seller yesterday. Those three ASMs I bought from him were all graded at 8.0 and 8.5, and all of them turned out to be very much like this Detective...enough of an accumulation of defects on each to very quickly knock them out of 8.0 range (let alone 8.5!). The seller apologized so much that I thought it was just an oversight, but obviously his grading hasn't changed at all. I'd return this one in a hurry, just on principle. frown.gif

Yeah, I either want a full refund including shipping, or a partial refund to reflect the actual value and grade...which would come to about $10.