• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Holiday Sales
2 2

14 posts in this topic

I remember in years past seeing a thread with announcements of sales. If it hasn't gotten started yet, here are a few. I don't plan on updating this first post, but feel free to add to the thread!

Amazon has a "Get 3 for the price of 2" sale going on for certain books:

1331693792_AmazonAd.png.0ae74be4c87acc1a92f406e70144a16d.png

https://www.instocktrades.com/, in addition to just being awesome generally, has the following announcement on their site:

InStockTrades.thumb.jpg.b889853be9585847286b4891858bedc4.jpg

Target has a buy 2 get one free sale on books:

Target.png.a46fadfb3d751dce3d09809b68521f3d.png

On 11/25/2021 at 8:03 AM, srezvan said:

I remember in years past seeing a thread with announcements of sales. If it hasn't gotten started yet, here are a few. I don't plan on updating this first post, but feel free to add to the thread!

Amazon has a "Get 3 for the price of 2" sale going on for certain books:

1331693792_AmazonAd.png.0ae74be4c87acc1a92f406e70144a16d.png

https://www.instocktrades.com/, in addition to just being awesome generally, has the following announcement on their site:

InStockTrades.thumb.jpg.b889853be9585847286b4891858bedc4.jpg

Target has a buy 2 get one free sale on books:

Target.png.a46fadfb3d751dce3d09809b68521f3d.png

Lol I was just talking to a friend, that I made that thread a couple of years ago. I thought about another, but you doing it is better!

In my defense that year there were tons in my area .....

I just didn't get that many participants in mine, probably cause all mine were local. (thumbsu

I'll try to contribute to this one.

Dave and Adams already has some deals and a page designated for things on "sale", with the black Friday to start tonight at 6 pm eastern I believe. :whee:

On 11/25/2021 at 8:13 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Dave and Adams already has some deals and a page designated for things on "sale", with the black Friday to start tonight at 6 pm eastern I believe. :whee:

and the D&A cyber Mon Starts later this weekend with their black friday being added to until then, I think

Reece's Rare Comics has a Black Friday Blowout weekend sale - 25% off raws, 10% off slabs.  Here's the diggity deets (note the need to order raws separate from slabs):

• 10% off list pricing of ALL CGC and CBCS graded books
  • 25% off list pricing of ALL ungraded books
  • 10% off list price of ALL graded video games
  • FREE USPS priority shipping anywhere in the U.S. with purchase of $250 or more after coupon is applied
  • FREE USPS international priority shipping worldwide with purchase of $500 or more after coupon is applied

Due to the nature of our website, we can not currently accept more than one coupon code, so we ask that each code is used on the appropriate orders. If any order has the wrong coupon code applied, there will be a delay in getting your order processed. 

Upon checkout of graded books and video games, please use coupon code: SLAB10

Upon checkout of ungraded books, please use coupon code: RAWBOOK25

If you wish to checkout with both raw books and graded books, please separate them into two distinct orders and we will refund your shipping cost if you meet the requirements. To ensure all orders will be sent together, please include a note when checking out if you are submitting more than one order. Both graded comics and games can be checked out in the same cart with the same discount code.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Reece's Rare Comics has a Black Friday Blowout weekend sale - 25% off raws, 10% off slabs.  Here's the diggity deets (note the need to order raws separate from slabs):

• 10% off list pricing of ALL CGC and CBCS graded books
  • 25% off list pricing of ALL ungraded books
  • 10% off list price of ALL graded video games
  • FREE USPS priority shipping anywhere in the U.S. with purchase of $250 or more after coupon is applied
  • FREE USPS international priority shipping worldwide with purchase of $500 or more after coupon is applied

Due to the nature of our website, we can not currently accept more than one coupon code, so we ask that each code is used on the appropriate orders. If any order has the wrong coupon code applied, there will be a delay in getting your order processed. 

Upon checkout of graded books and video games, please use coupon code: SLAB10

Upon checkout of ungraded books, please use coupon code: RAWBOOK25

If you wish to checkout with both raw books and graded books, please separate them into two distinct orders and we will refund your shipping cost if you meet the requirements. To ensure all orders will be sent together, please include a note when checking out if you are submitting more than one order. Both graded comics and games can be checked out in the same cart with the same discount code.

Thanks for the info!  I filled in my Mister Miracle run and added to my  Fantastic Four early collection at a lot less than most recent prices.  Never bought from Reece's before.  Lots of interesting books!

On 11/27/2021 at 9:17 AM, Laszlo the Mudjar said:

Thanks for the info!  I filled in my Mister Miracle run and added to my Fantastic Four early collection at a lot less than most recent prices.  Never bought from Reece's before.  Lots of interesting books!

That's great - Prior to this weekend, I've picked up a run of higher grade Strange Tales there that seemed fairly graded and fairly priced.  

Not specifically comic related.....but you can read digital comics on them.

If anyone is looking for a cheap tablet......Amazon has their Fire HD tablets at a deep discount......plus there's a way to get an additional 30% off (up to $30 maximum.....instructions below).  Are they going to be as good as an iPad?  Of course not......but you can also get any of them for between $31 and $75 right now.

I use a laptop at my desk and my smart phone to watch videos/movies in bed or on the road......but I wanted something bigger for the latter.

Saw an article that said Amazon was offering big discounts on their Fire HD tablets, so I decided to check them out.  Some people complain about them being set up primarily to consume Amazon content.....but after some research, it looks fairly easy to boot the Amazon bloatware off the screen and side load the Google Play Store, Chrome browser, etc. (videos on YouTube, like this one, for how to do this)........you basically turn it into a proper Android tablet.....which is essentially what it starts as before Amazon loads it up with their stuff.

How do you get an extra 30% off?  I have a Discover Card linked to my Amazon account as a payment option.  So, when I went to look at the current Cyber Monday prices going on right now......I saw the following link for an additional discount under each item.....you have to click on this link and activate it.

Discount.jpg.e45a917f1325b3da64df5f08718c4ec6.jpg

To get the 30% discount, you just have to pay for a portion of the total price with at least a portion of your Discover Cashback Bonus (even if you choose to just use a penny of your cashback towards your total bill, it will still work).

Here are their Cyber Monday prices active now with the 30% additional discount figured in (all have free shipping and free returns until January 31, 2022).  I've included links to each product as well:

Fire HD 8................ (2 GB RAM)..............................................Regular $90.........on sale for $45.........price with additional 30% discount $31

Fire HD 8 Plus........ (3 GB RAM & Wireless Charging)............Regular $110.......on sale for $55.........price with additional 30% discount $39

Fire HD 10.............. (3 GB RAM)..............................................Regular $150.......on sale for $75.........price with additional 30% discount $52

Fire HD 10 Plus...... (4 GM RAM & Wireless Charging)............Regular $180.......on sale for $105.......price with additional 30% discount $75 

The Plus models essentially add an extra GB of RAM and Wireless Charging over the non-plus versions.

I ordered the Fire HD10 Plus 32 GB model and got the add-supported version.  The adds only appear on the lock-screen and disappear once you unlock the device (the add-free model is an extra $15, and you can pay the $15 later if you decide you don't like the adds on the lock-screen).

These are all prices for the 32 GB models (they have 64 GB models, but they all accept microSD cards up to 1 TB and the cards are cheap).

Edited by Domo Arigato