• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When lowering the price of something on eBay how do you make it show as marked down?

12 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2021 at 3:53 PM, dupont2005 said:

I want to drop the prices on some items and I want to show the discount from the original price 

I wouldnt stress on this-no one really pays attention to marked down prices, just what the price actually is.  If you lower the price and someone viewed it I believe ebay sends an autmatic message.

On 11/27/2021 at 8:29 PM, kav said:
On 11/27/2021 at 5:53 PM, dupont2005 said:

want to drop the prices on some items and I want to show the discount from the original price 

I wouldnt stress on this-no one really pays attention to marked down prices, just what the price actually is.  If you lower the price and someone viewed it I believe ebay sends an autmatic message.

This is true. I'm not sure if it's just the watchers? Or even semi interested? But I receive them all the time, however its determined who gets them :)

On 11/27/2021 at 6:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is true. I'm not sure if it's just the watchers? Or even semi interested? But I receive them all the time, however its determined who gets them :)

I've gotten lowered price notices from item I viewed but wasnt watching.
"You viewed this at $50-price has been lowered to $40!"

On 11/27/2021 at 6:45 PM, kav said:

I've gotten lowered price notices from item I viewed but wasnt watching.
"You viewed this at $50-price has been lowered to $40!"

I haven't seen your triple down yet.

Pick it up, tease

On 11/27/2021 at 8:38 PM, rjpb said:

If I have something that hasn't sold for a while, I sometimes raise the price. The item then sells more frequently than you might think. 

@Buzzetta

On 11/27/2021 at 8:38 PM, rjpb said:

If I have something that hasn't sold for a while, I sometimes raise the price. The item then sells more frequently than you might think. 

I just tripled the price on something. Don’t know what I was thinking when I first listed it