• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Begins on DVD!

77 posts in this topic

I've gone through most of the Special Features disc, and I must say it is difficult to navigate through the menus. The menus are basically set up like easter eggs. Each screen is like a comic page and you have to arrow around to highlight a link. Can't wait to watch the movie.

Flip thru all of the pages (click the right side of the bat on upper right of each screen). When you reach the credits page highlight the box with lines in it under the bat and you get a single screen list of all of the special features.

Is this a DVD keeper or just a rental?

It was good. But I doubt I would want to see it several times a year like the Spider-man and X-Men movies, thus necessitating buying it.

Like I said, it was good but not great.

well said...it was fun to see it on the cinema, but buying it?! 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm...nope (imho) smirk.gif

still prefer by far the burton vision/universe...much richer/complex!

Well I loved the movie in the theatre and so I went out and bought the deluxe version tonight.

I love the movie, but I was quite disappointed to find out that it wasn't in DTS!!! I was SOOOOOOO looking forward to having the "Home Theatre" experience with crisp digital sound! I had to settle for the regular 5.1... I think that "deluxe" should automatically include the high end soundtracks!

I haven't had a chance to check out the extra features yet... I hope they're good. I noticed that someone is already selling the comic that came with it on eBay!!!

Auction Link for those who didn't get the movie but want the cool comic!

popcorn.gif

thumbsup2.gif

JG

Honestly, I just can't understand how anyone could think that these films are better than Batman Begins. The 1989 Batman film is an unwatchable mess and the two Schumacher films are some kind of day-glo and rubber fetish nightmare. Maybe Batman Returns, but it looks like it was shot on a set. Batman Begins adds a real-world look to the franchise that had been sorely lacking since, well, the 1966 Batman movie.

thumbsup2.gif

DITTO

Hey, I bought and watched it last night...

And Man that was an awesome flick!

It had a real nice twist at the end too...

A definate 8.5-9 out of 10 and a keeper.

My heart will always be with the '89 Batman because it seemed more like a comic book

than any other movie that I have ever seen. It's clash of druid and the colorful was the perfect end to the 80's pop-culture.

Jack stole the show, and I must say it is fun to watch Batman just for the Joker's antics alone.

Unfortunately, The bad taste that I feel everyone has is off of those absolutely horrible cookie cutter sequels after "Returns".

Bat Man Begins Rocks!

headbang.gif

I love the movie, but I was quite disappointed to find out that it wasn't in DTS!!! I was SOOOOOOO looking forward to having the "Home Theatre" experience with crisp digital sound! I had to settle for the regular 5.1... I think that "deluxe" should automatically include the high end soundtracks!

Seems to me that there are fewer major studio releases with DTS audio, but Warner Bros. has been pretty consistant in not including it on their releases.

In fact, I'm only aware of less than a dozen Warner releases that have DTS audio - like the Lethal Weapon movies, Interview with a Vampire, Twister, and maybe a few others I can't remember at this time.

That being siad, all of the movies in the Batman Legacy boxed set released yesterday have DTS audio. I am looking forward to hearing Danny Elfman's driving Batman scores in glorious DTS audio. They sure beat the less imposing score of Batman Begins. But I agree that it is a pity that the couldn't have done it for all of the Batman movies including BB.

i picked up batman and land of the dead (saw both in theater) and put in land of the dead first smile.gif

Funny you should mention that. I went to Best Buy last night with every intention of buying the Bat-DVD, and picked up Land of the Dead instead. blush.gif

walmart is selling a two pack batman/batman animated episode (its not the animated series some other) and land of the dead/3 hour movie maniac bonus dvd. I of course got the regular copies since they were cheaper.

just saw the DVD and the movie was very good, of course we all know ra's al ghul isn't really dead. i liked the lead in for the sequel with the joker card, also followed miller's year one really well too. i give it 4 out of 5 popcorns! popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

just saw the DVD and the movie was very good, of course we all know ra's al ghul isn't really dead. i liked the lead in for the sequel with the joker card, also followed miller's year one really well too. i give it 4 out of 5 popcorns! popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

I agree pimp, My wife came home from Costco Saturday with the 2 disc set... she is a really swell gal.

I was actually impressed with the quality of the 72 page comic book it came with.

And after sitting through the many Batnipples, and Schmoomocker movies..... this movie was right on time.

A serious take, on a serious character.

I loved it.

Could it have been better?...sure.

But I still loved how it placed its stamp on the already heavily saturated Batman mythos.

Ze-

As an aside.. stumbled upon The Batman -vs- Dracula on The Toon Network while watching football saturday.

It was actually not bad, from what little I saw.

It is hard to improve on that movie in my opinion. Very well written, and perfectly paced. Any faster pace and I think Schmoomocker.

My friend didnt like the grandiose scale of the League of Shadows plan. I have to agree, the idea of a microwave emitter capable of instantly evaporating a water supply large enough for a major city is far fetched, but hey it is comics.

I do however love the fact that the villain plans to make use of Thomas Wayne's train to cause the end of Gotham, and in the destruction of said train this is prevented. The message of "what you do is what defines you" not what you have is prevalent throughout the movie as a dominant theme, and in the destruction of all the things his Father built ( house, train ) and the rebuilding of said things Bruce/ Batman becomes a better person/hero.

Awesome writing.

Artboy99