• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Vote Matters: Vote to split Forum Only Selling Gold/Silver/Bronze to Gold Selling and Silver/Bronze Selling separately. PLEASE VOTE!
3 3

73 posts in this topic

As an almost-100 percent buyer (run one sales thread), it's fine the way it is for me.  If change(s) can be made that make it better/easier/faster for sellers that don't have much or any impact on the ease of use for buyers, I'd have no problem with that either.  As a buyer, I have used and almost daily check all 3 forums.  The key factor for me on whether I will view an individual thread is the seller's headline. 

On 11/28/2021 at 1:03 PM, MAR1979 said:

IMHO a business model that makes it easier on a seller to list rather than a buyer to find and purchase is business model that is flawed!

Ideally of course both would be simple, easy and fast.

But I would argue adding another sub page would only make it more difficult on buyers.  

The BA started like 50 years ago at this point. I think allot of like minded buyers have interest in the GA/SA and BA. I don't see a benefit in splitting it out. 

I'm primarily a buyer and I don't use Instagram or Facebook. So my preference would be to support sellers and keep (or recreate) a vibrant market place here. 

On 11/28/2021 at 1:50 PM, MattTheDuck said:

As an almost-100 percent buyer (run one sales thread), it's fine the way it is for me.  If change(s) can be made that make it better/easier/faster for sellers that don't have much or any impact on the ease of use for buyers, I'd have no problem with that either.  As a buyer, I have used and almost daily check all 3 forums.  The key factor for me on whether I will view an individual thread is the seller's headline. 

Same here.  It doesn't take me more then a minute to click on each forum, scan quickly through the new headlines and decide if I want to investigate a sales thread.  If not, I move on to the next forum group.  My main factor as a buyer isn't so much what era the books were in, its the headline catching my eye and the first post denoting what will be included in the rest of the thread.

On 11/28/2021 at 5:18 PM, Ryan. said:

The more the sales forum gets split up the more individual threads each seller will need to start lest they be banished to the netherworld of Mixed. 

Someone needs to be a sales pioneer and somehow turn that Mixed real estate around....

I think it's fine they way it is. As a seller and a buyer, it is so much easier to have those threads in one place. I also voted NOT to collapse the modern/copper into the GA/SA/BA in the other thread.  I feel the dichotomy of the buyer pools has been well established and I don't want to sift through modern to find real comic books. :flamethrower:

Additionally, I will mention here... I really feel there is a need for a Pulp selling category. They are always listed in a place they don't belong. As a buyer, it makes it hard for me to find them sometimes. As a seller to reach out to prospective buyers, I would assume GA would garner the most like minded buyers, but then it can be removed for being in the wrong place. This issue needs to be addressed for a rapidly growing category, with pulps possibly headed for grading as well.

Edited by Joshua33
Grammar

Been thinking about this all day. I suggest 2 sales forums. One forum for even days of the week then the last one being for odd days. It all depends on the day the sales thread is posted. 

Sunday starts as being in the odd forum along with threads posted on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Every second week though it switches. In the 2nd week Sunday is actually now in the even forum. This approach makes it a lot more simple for everyone. Oh, if you get confused and post in the wrong forum, you get banned of course.

No change vote for me. I'm not a gold collector so if a thread is labeled that way, I can choose to look (which I do for appreciation purposes) or continue on my way to a thread that interests me. 

On 11/28/2021 at 6:13 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Someone needs to be a sales pioneer and somehow turn that Mixed real estate around....

Actually, I have an idea but I do not know if it would fit into board guidelines.  I figure that the worst that happens is that the thread is pulled.

It might give people a reason to check the place on a more regular basis. 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:34 PM, Buzzetta said:

Actually, I have an idea but I do not know if it would fit into board guidelines.  I figure that the worst that happens is that the thread is pulled.

It might give people a reason to check the place on a more regular basis. 

Going to start a Onlyusedheroflopfans thread? :baiting:

On 11/28/2021 at 11:44 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Going to start a Onlyusedheroflopfans thread? :baiting:

Something like a cross between what BBTS does combined with Amazon Flash Sale / Treasure Truck. 

On 11/28/2021 at 9:28 PM, Buzzetta said:

Something like a cross between what BBTS does combined with Amazon Flash Sale / Treasure Truck. 

I have a MASSIVE (comic related) Vintage Toy Collection that I'm going to give a try there. It will listed in mid to late December. I've never tried there, but I'm interested to see how much attention garners.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:56 AM, Forbush-Man said:

Fellow Boardies,

I have asked the powers that be if we might have the Forum Only Selling Market place spin-off the Golden Age section into its own Golden Age Selling section and leaving Silver/Bronze Age Selling as it's own section (no more Gold/Silver/Bronze Age Only lumped together.)  My reasoning is that Golden Age is (1) the corner stone of comic collecting and (2) Golden Age has a set cut-off point with Showcase #4, 1956, and (3) there is no agreed set point to distinguish the separation of Silver Age from Bronze Age.

It has never felt right IMHO to lump all three ages together like this, and would make more sense to make the change to Golden Age separate and Silver/Bronze separate.

The MOD in charge has said if there were a vote in favor of this, they would be willing to support this change.

Poll Link to cast your vote

The Golden Age ends along with the end of World War 2. Crime comics followed by romance and then horror begin to dominate the postwar period. The Atomic Age (1946-1956) of the American Comic Book corresponds with the changing attitudes and new found fears of postwar America. Just because the boards have inaccurately placed Atomic Age books in the Golden Age forum doesn’t make it right. Let’s not contribute more to this inaccuracy. Separate the Atomic Age from the Golden Age and see just how big the Golden Age market is.