• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Vote Matters: Vote to split Forum Only Selling Gold/Silver/Bronze to Gold Selling and Silver/Bronze Selling separately. PLEASE VOTE!
3 3

73 posts in this topic

Fellow Boardies,

I have asked the powers that be if we might have the Forum Only Selling Market place spin-off the Golden Age section into its own Golden Age Selling section and leaving Silver/Bronze Age Selling as it's own section (no more Gold/Silver/Bronze Age Only lumped together.)  My reasoning is that Golden Age is (1) the corner stone of comic collecting and (2) Golden Age has a set cut-off point with Showcase #4, 1956, and (3) there is no agreed set point to distinguish the separation of Silver Age from Bronze Age.

It has never felt right IMHO to lump all three ages together like this, and would make more sense to make the change to Golden Age separate and Silver/Bronze separate.

The MOD in charge has said if there were a vote in favor of this, they would be willing to support this change.

Poll Link to cast your vote

Edited by Forbush-Man
Poll Link added

On 11/28/2021 at 7:32 AM, LarsUmlaut said:

The Golden Age ended way before 1956. EC Comics are not Golden Age books (tsk)

I get what you are saying, I'm well aware of the Platinum, Atomic, Copper ect, but those are, IMHO, sub ages.  My statement was for purposes of convenience, not so much a debate. You are correct, so no debate needed.  

On 11/28/2021 at 9:56 AM, Forbush-Man said:

Fellow Boardies,

I have asked the powers that be if we might have the Forum Only Selling Market place spin-off the Golden Age section into its own Golden Age Selling section and leaving Silver/Bronze Age Selling as it's own section (no more Gold/Silver/Bronze Age Only lumped together.)  My reasoning is that Golden Age is (1) the corner stone of comic collecting and (2) Golden Age has a set cut-off point with Showcase #4, 1956, and (3) there is no agreed set point to distinguish the separation of Silver Age from Bronze Age.

It has never felt right IMHO to lump all three ages together like this, and would make more sense to make the change to Golden Age separate and Silver/Bronze separate.

The MOD in charge has said if there were a vote in favor of this, they would be willing to make this change.

Poll will be set up for voting shortly  :foryou:

I look at all ages every day, and I really already dislike having 3 different links to go through.  I would actually prefer if it was just one section called "Sales" that just had all ages plus books and statues and whatever else in there.  Failing that, rather keep it the way it is rather than adding yet another section.

Edited by Poekaymon

Will the new gold forum have a default font size?

I don't think it's broken now so I'd prefer a discussion on title formatting, some suggestions below:

Age indicated first in title line G S B C M and/or a RAW/CGC/MISC 

Shipping destinations served in brackets (US CA UK MX AU or WW - for worldwide)

I'd also prefer to see the avatar of the OP/seller on the right side in the sales forums.

So a title that reads: "S (US, CA, UK) Amazing Spider-Man 3 CGC 2.5" helps people find and skip threads

:canofworms: