How to get followers?
2 2

34 posts in this topic

I've been around a bit longer than you and don't have any either.  It doesn't appear to be a "thing" on these Boards, and I'm not even sure what value it would have.  I have PM conversations with some members which I value a lot more than if they just Followed my incoherent ramblings.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:59 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I've been around a bit longer than you and don't have any either.  It doesn't appear to be a "thing" on these Boards, and I'm not even sure what value it would have.  I have PM conversations with some members which I value a lot more than if they just Followed my incoherent ramblings.

Thanks... You literally summed it up. 

I had followers, but they stopped following me because they didn’t know how to turn off notifications.  I’m constantly posting in my sales thread, as well as other places.  So I turned it off for the time being.  Get to know enough people around here, you don’t have to follow or be followed.  I don’t. lol

05597BA0-83BF-401B-B28A-F0F84C3D97DB.gif

On 11/29/2021 at 9:46 AM, William-James88 said:

Dude, being an influencer is the number 1 job to aim for in life! You need them followers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many followers does one need to be an "influencer" of the CGC?

I tried following one or two members, and was surprised when I started receiving notifications for every little post that they made. It made me feel more like a stalker than a follower. So, I stopped following/stalking them. I only wanted to know when they posted a new sales thread!

Edited by Artifiction

On 11/29/2021 at 10:23 AM, Artifiction said:

I tried following one or two members, and was surprised when I started receiving notifications for every little post that they made. It made me feel more like a stalker than a follower. So, I stopped following/stalking them. I only wanted to know when they posted a new sales thread!

There may be a Follow setting that you can select, 'alert me when user creates a new topic'. You may be able to deselect an "all posts" function.

I've never followed anyone, and I see I have a few followers, but it seems to be a pretty random group. I'm not sure what the rational is, but if I can bring a moment of joy to them, so be it.