• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Norman never slept with Gwen!
1 1

57 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2021 at 5:49 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

How can we be sure that you're not commenting from the grading room?

Don’t trust my grading and assessment skills, as I was second from last in one of Andy / thirdgreenham’s contests.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Man was that an awful storyline.  That creepy and disgusting image of Norman and all, shudder.  Can you imagine how many people had to greenlight it and be involved in the creation of it?  What were they thinking? Did absolutely no one say at some point “Uh guys, do you think this is actually a good idea” lol.

Edited by Changer Farseer

JMS had written them as Peter's offspring, but the higher ups weren''t ready for that so they had Norman become the father!  Some thought it compelling.  Gwen, previously, the soul of innocence, some said boring, now has a personality.  And what a personality!  

On 12/8/2021 at 3:02 PM, rjpb said:

The great thing about sixty years of convoluted and contradictory continuity is you can pick and choose what to ignore. In my mind, not only did Gwen Stacy never sleep with Norm Osborne, but she'd still dead. 

Agreed.  that was just an  asinine  plot twist. 

Edited by Wolverinex

On 11/29/2021 at 11:17 AM, Ken Aldred said:
On 11/29/2021 at 10:59 AM, Wolverinex said:

man, I'm out of the loop.  When did Gwen sleep with Norman?  Disgusting.  I stopped reading ASM after the clone wars.

During J Michael Straczynski's run in the 2000s.

On 11/30/2021 at 12:00 PM, Changer Farseer said:

Man was that an awful storyline.  That creepy and disgusting image of Norman and all, shudder.  Can you imagine how many people had to greenlight it and be involved in the creation of it?  What were they thinking? Did absolutely no one say at some point “Uh guys, do you think this is actually a good idea” lol.

Although I never read this particular storyline as it was past my prime collecting time period, the mere thought of sweet innocent Gwen doing it with old man Norman was totally sacrilegious and beyond believable from my own personal point of view.  (tsk)  (tsk)

Totally shocked that it would be JMS who had written this into the Spidey canon, as I consider him to be a great writer and storyteller based upon his epic Babylon 5 TV series and books which he had created and written.  Si-fi at its best in terms of one consistent storyline spanning 5 years that centered on interglactic wars and the interlude between them.  Definitely much more riveting than Star Wars which was seemingly written more from a merchandising POV or Star Trek which was basically following the old style episodic TV storytelling format, as opposed to the game changing continuous storytelling format which many of today's TV shows have now adopted.  :luhv:

From my POV, this Gwen and Norman Sins Past storyline would be tantamount to another writer taking JMS's Babylon 5 characters and inserting a storyline in there about Ambassador Delenn having an ongoing threesome with herself and both Ambassador Londo and Ambassador G'Kar, and seeing how JMS feels about this.  :screwy:  :mad:  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

On 11/29/2021 at 10:59 AM, Wolverinex said:

man, I'm out of the loop.  When did Gwen sleep with Norman?  Disgusting.  I stopped reading ASM after the clone wars.

I quite during the clone saga.  I wonder how many spidey fans dropped the book during those dark, dark times.

On 11/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, Changer Farseer said:

Agreed. Totally disgusting.  

I don't even know what creepy Norman image you are talking about since I never read it but I just had a horrible thought pop up in my mind....

giphy.gif