• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Norman never slept with Gwen!
1 1

57 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2021 at 2:10 PM, Wolverinex said:

Agreed. Totally disgusting.  

I don't even know what creepy Norman image you are talking about since I never read it but I just had a horrible thought pop up in my mind....

giphy.gif

Bottom left panel specifically, said to be his O-face. Once you see it...... 

c5s2fqv.jpeg

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

On 12/11/2021 at 1:10 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

JMS should have been stomped like a narc at a biker rally for this story.

Who’s the artist again?  They should be flogged as well

Mike Deodato Jr, I believe. 

On 12/10/2021 at 10:10 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

JMS should have been stomped like a narc at a biker rally for this story.

Who’s the artist again?  They should be flogged as well

. "Sins Past - Part Four"

Penciler(s)

Inker(s)

Colorist(s)

Letterer(s)

Edited by Ares

On 12/9/2021 at 8:12 AM, lou_fine said:

or Star Trek which was basically following the old style episodic TV storytelling format, as opposed to the game changing continuous storytelling format which many of today's TV shows have now adopted.  :luhv:

Actually, Star Trek was not only following the old episodic TV storytelling format. The next Generation was doing that, but Deep Space Nine was doing the same as B5.

Anyway, I personally don't think it's necessarily better than the episodic format. It depends a lot on how strong the plot it is. When it is well done, it can be astoundingly good, but on the other hand, it can be an outstanding disaster.  B5 is an exception and even it was affected by actors leaving the series and cancellation threats.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:02 PM, rjpb said:

The great thing about sixty years of convoluted and contradictory continuity is you can pick and choose what to ignore. In my mind, not only did Gwen Stacy never sleep with Norm Osborne, but she's still dead. 

Green goblin died in asm 122 in my continuity also. 

On 12/11/2021 at 3:21 PM, Kromak said:

Actually, Star Trek was not only following the old episodic TV storytelling format. The next Generation was doing that, but Deep Space Nine was doing the same as B5.

Anyway, I personally don't think it's necessarily better than the episodic format. It depends a lot on how strong the plot it is. When it is well done, it can be astoundingly good, but on the other hand, it can be an outstanding disaster.  B5 is an exception and even it was affected by actors leaving the series and cancellation threats.

If you are referring to the multi-epsiodes Dominion Wars sage on DS9, you are definitely bang on as the first thing that crossed my mind when I watched those episodes was a big budget dollar B5.  Especially since B5 was always well known to run on a low dollar budget per episode, as it definitely didn't have the same big studio production money behind it which the Trek shows did.  Really didn't care much for the characters in DS9, but probably need to rewatch the Dominion Wars saga as that is definitely one of the Trek highlights and probably right up there with the Borg Best of Both Worlds espisodes in The Next Generation.  :luhv:

Yes, the storylines and plot for B5 was more than any true si-fi fan could expect with the introduction of the Shadows and their millenium long war and the existence of the Vorlons and the First Ones which hearkened back to the beginning of the universe.  Cancellation threats definitely had an impact on the series near the end as I felt that Season 5 was the worst of the run as they had to put everything into the final episode of Season 4 in expectation that there would not be a Season 5.  Yes, sad to see Commander Sinclair leave at the end of Season 1 due to continuing health issues, but JMS's wife wrote an absolutely amazing book (To Dream in the City of Sorrows) on what happened to him after he left B5 at the end of Season One and before his critical cameo returns in both Seasons 2 & 3, and is considered to be canon and a must read to the extended B5 storyline in their war with the Shadows.  :applause:

On 12/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, jason4 said:

Green goblin died in asm 122 in my continuity also. 

Except for a few issues of Tangled Web, the Miller drawn PPSSM and an Annual I bought because I liked the art, I haven't read Spider-man since 1974. Checking GCD the last issue I remember buying of ASM was #138. That stupid Mindworm story probably did it for me. Why waste money on that dreck. 

I read the book consistently until 200, but that was right around the time I started to collect GA and SA,.so I needed funds for the older comics and stopped buying new books. A friend in school got me interested when the Hobgoblin appeared. I purchased the issues I missed and then stayed with the book until around '89. Then all of the crossover between seemingly 20 titles turned me off. I read the Clone Stuff in omnibus format, but despite some good ideas, it really fell flat when the whole thing was retconned as a plot of Norman. Lame. He still died in 122 as far as I'm concerned.

Out of curiosity I bought the first Sins Past because I didn't know what it was about. When I heard about the contents of the second issue, I knew that the people at Marvel lost their minds. I'm glad they retconned that mess, even though I don't read it anymore.

On 11/30/2021 at 12:47 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I think so.

Easily combined back together and restored with the join barely noticeable. It’s minor.

Ahhh tear seals! 

That gets a conserved label. 

On 12/13/2021 at 6:14 AM, Larryw7 said:

I read the book consistently until 200, but that was right around the time I started to collect GA and SA,.so I needed funds for the older comics and stopped buying new books. A friend in school got me interested when the Hobgoblin appeared. I purchased the issues I missed and then stayed with the book until around '89. Then all of the crossover between seemingly 20 titles turned me off. I read the Clone Stuff in omnibus format, but despite some good ideas, it really fell flat when the whole thing was retconned as a plot of Norman. Lame. He still died in 122 as far as I'm concerned.

Out of curiosity I bought the first Sins Past because I didn't know what it was about. When I heard about the contents of the second issue, I knew that the people at Marvel lost their minds. I'm glad they retconned that mess, even though I don't read it anymore.

Actually I have to say that the current writing team is doing a decent job trying to fix and explain what Quesada and his clowns did around 10-15 years ago. 

On 12/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, lou_fine said:

If you are referring to the multi-epsiodes Dominion Wars sage on DS9, you are definitely bang on as the first thing that crossed my mind when I watched those episodes was a big budget dollar B5.  Especially since B5 was always well known to run on a low dollar budget per episode, as it definitely didn't have the same big studio production money behind it which the Trek shows did.  Really didn't care much for the characters in DS9, but probably need to rewatch the Dominion Wars saga as that is definitely one of the Trek highlights and probably right up there with the Borg Best of Both Worlds espisodes in The Next Generation.  :luhv:

Yes, the storylines and plot for B5 was more than any true si-fi fan could expect with the introduction of the Shadows and their millenium long war and the existence of the Vorlons and the First Ones which hearkened back to the beginning of the universe.  Cancellation threats definitely had an impact on the series near the end as I felt that Season 5 was the worst of the run as they had to put everything into the final episode of Season 4 in expectation that there would not be a Season 5.  Yes, sad to see Commander Sinclair leave at the end of Season 1 due to continuing health issues, but JMS's wife wrote an absolutely amazing book (To Dream in the City of Sorrows) on what happened to him after he left B5 at the end of Season One and before his critical cameo returns in both Seasons 2 & 3, and is considered to be canon and a must read to the extended B5 storyline in their war with the Shadows.  :applause:

Actually I did not  watch the whole DS9 series. I believe I lost much that came after Odo's origin is revealed. If I watched the Dominion war, it was a few sporadic episodes here and there. And I can't remember nothing about its conclusion. In fact, all I can remember now from the final seasons is the last episode.

That's why I started to re watch the series earlier this year. I am still approaching the end of season 2,  fortunately.a long road ahead. Overall, I like DS characters more than NG. Especially Garak, Gul Dukat, Quark, Nog, Jake, Dax and Sisko a bit less. On NG I like Data, Lwaxana Troi, Pulaski,  Alexander Rozhenko and Picard and Riker to a lower degree.

Best of both Worlds is one of my personal favorites, together with All good Things, Inner Light, Chain of Command" and perhaps two or more three episodes. 

I don't know anything about B5 books, but I will keep a mental note to one day go after this book. I always wondered why Michael O'Hare leaved. And Claudia Christian