• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Jean

26 posts in this topic

Yeah, JJ's the man! Go to www.processrecess.com if you want to get in contact with him. He's a great guy, but he's smart about selling his art so he's moving toward selling all his best stuff on ebay to be fair to all his fans. He sells some of his lesser stuff through the website above.

Yeah, JJ's the man! Go to www.processrecess.com if you want to get in contact with him. He's a great guy, but he's smart about selling his art so he's moving toward selling all his best stuff on ebay to be fair to all his fans. He sells some of his lesser stuff through the website above.

That news about him selling his best pieces on Ebay spread fast, though we've yet to see any actual evidence of that happening with his Fables covers. I'm kind of eager to see what the market value is of a Fables cover on Ebay these days.

popcorn.gif

I consider myself lucky to have scored two covers before this move to Ebay. My sense (and maybe his sense) wink.gif is that his prices will be on the riiiiiiise.

That news about him selling his best pieces on Ebay spread fast, though we've yet to see any actual evidence of that happening with his Fables covers. I'm kind of eager to see what the market value is of a Fables cover on Ebay these days.

popcorn.gif

I consider myself lucky to have scored two covers before this move to Ebay. My sense (and maybe his sense) wink.gif is that his prices will be on the riiiiiiise.

it's been already some time that his art is "more" than just on the rise...that's my sense wink.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

oh by the way, you've got some beautiful sandman art pages...congrats!

regards

We'll be seeing the ebay market value of a nice Fables cover very very soon as the cover to 46 should be hitting ebay any time now. thumbsup2.gif

Seems to have an Adam Hughes quality to his work. It's nice to see smooth fluid lines rather than little black marks all over the place (ie Jim Lee) or unnaturally angular anatomy that seems to be so prevelent in modern comic book art.

I think between $ 600 and $ 1200 . I bought a print from him (melancholic snowwhite image of some 30ish fables cover) 4 months ago and he threw in a nice card with a little (very little) sketch of his and his personal greetings.

To me his appeal is not so much into the direction of Adam Hughes though because I dont think that James Jean mastered proportion and facial expressions as much as Adam Hughes but therefore puts more emphasis on artistic feel and innovative use of color/composition.

If you see a female character by Adam Hughes you know right away it is by him, same with James Jean. That is what they have in common, ... but then that is the case with most artists I know (and like) (f. e. Phil Noto).

I don't own a JJ cover and don't know how much they run. But from what I'm getting from your post (that you paid less) is that he may be charging more for this one becuase:

1)test the eBay waters

2) To me, it looks alot tighter than his other stuff, which looks "sketchy" to me.

c) considering the eBay fees, when all is done he will "only" net what he typically gets

a very nice one, but not some of his best work...

I agree...it's a nice cover, it has great detail...but I don't have any attachment to the characters, and the bottom of the cover is a bit "busy". Nice, but not one of my favorites...

OK, so that begs the question...what, in your opinion, IS his best work?

Huh, interesting. I was only thinking of Fables covers. I do like Batgirl 46 and 52, but 43 does nothing for me. And none of the Batgirl covers were painted. 43 and 52 are graphite pieces, and 46 is one of the few jj covers that is inked.