• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rich's 7th Annual Black Friday sales thread---silver, bronze, copper, modern age universal & signature series (better late than never!)
14 14

440 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2021 at 6:39 PM, Rich_Henn said:

Side note, addressing some of the inquiries that I've been getting related to the Frank Thorne Red Sonja s/s books.  I was lucky enough to do two signings with Mr. Thorne prior to his passing. I was actually the only person/facilitator to ever do Frank Thorne s/s.  The first signing way back---over 10 years ago I guess, there were something like 50 ish books done.  I did one more with him about 5 years or so ago, roughly a little less than 50.  So to the best of my knowledge, there's less than 100 Thorne s/s books out there, of which most done were my own.  I think I ended up taking in around 30 subs.  I haven't actively sought any out, but I don't recall seeing any of the boardies who took part in that first signing ever put any out there.  I was trying to work with Mr. Thorne to do a third signing just before he passed.  Always loved his art, and have wished many times over the years there was a way to get in touch with Clara Noto to add to these.

I love my Red Sonja #5 (Thorne and Thomas) that I picked up through one of your past Black Friday sales threads!  (thumbsu

Claim!

On 12/5/2021 at 10:05 AM, Rich_Henn said:

Flash #123 CGC 3.0 s/s Joe Giella -$1100  SOLD! to Thomas Thompson

1st Golden Age Flash in the Silver Age.  Origin of both.  1st mention of Earth II, 1st silver age Shade

special label notations "from the collection of Doug Moench"flash123Moench.thumb.jpg.f54d1d1958bb86ae285271a3d1b2d626.jpg

Edited by Tdthompson
Claim

On 12/6/2021 at 8:11 PM, Chazgee said:

I love when Rich has one of these sales. You won't find such a diverse amount of SS books anywhere.

Way to go, Rich!  :headbang:

Too bad I blew all my funds on a Twisted Tales #1 CGC SS.

Nah, it was worth it. lol

@japittmn1

I was going to post this one a little later but here you go.

WARLOCK #10 CGC 9.4 s/s Alan Weiss -$285  SOLD! to Galen130

1st appearance of the In-Betweener, origin of Thanos and Gamora

Only one Alan Weiss signing to date (zero convention appearances)....we did something around 35 books with him last year.

warlock10.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

On 12/7/2021 at 9:51 AM, Galen130 said:

I’m looking around the house for another mattress full of money…lol

You already found one mattress full of money?? :whatthe:

On 12/7/2021 at 10:24 AM, Galen130 said:

Yup!!!  That's how I was able to pay for my CGC SS Twisted Tales #1. :roflmao:

Sweet! I'll take a mattress too if you find any extras.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:37 PM, Rich_Henn said:

Action Comics #1000 CGC 9.4 (Summit Comics Perez variant) s/s George Perez, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Kevin Nowlan, Jerry Ordway & Tim Sale - $125

action1000perzZ.thumb.jpg.03b15a27024a590ee94f0ff95ce26f69.jpg

:takeit:

Be X-Tra Safe with the X-Men #1 CGC 9.6 

Blockbuster video giveaway

Not really sure where to go with this one.  Only four graded copies and this one appears to be the lone highest graded copy in the census.

xtrasafexmenfront.thumb.jpg.d65fdbd06b11345e61ae8887a2091c06.jpg

xtrasafexmenback.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn