• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you more excited for? DCU or MCU?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2021 at 11:54 AM, APDallas said:

It seems to be me that more collectors are excited by MCU announcement than DCU. Is this a good buying opportunity for DC Comics?

What you have to be careful with is where Disney has wrapped all of the Marvel projects under Feige's COO control as part of the MCU, WarnerMedia has a very distributed film and TV schedule that is not so clean. Yet has its exciting opportunities.

Films (massive show with GLC):

DC_Films.PNG.5df1ae98654128b2d2f8b5585af1df16.PNG

TV & Streaming Shows:

• Batman: The Caped Crusader TAS (HBO Max)
  • DC's Strange Adventures (HBO Max)
  • Dead Boy Detectives (HBO Max)
  • DMZ (HBO Max)
  • Doom Patrol (HBO Max)
  • Green Lantern Corps (HBO Max)
  • Harley Quinn TAS (HBO Max)
  • Madame Xanadu (HBO Max)
  • My Adventures with Superman (Cartoon Network, HBO Max)
  • Naomi (CW, HBO Max)
  • Peacemaker (HBO Max)
  • Penguin (HBO Max)
  • Pennyworth (now HBO Max)
  • Sandman (Netflix)
  • Stargirl (CW, HBO Max)
  • Superman & Lois (CW, HBO Max)
  • Sweet Tooth (Netflix)
  • Titans (HBO Max)
  • Young Justice (HBO Max)

So though not linked in a massive franchise, plenty to find excitement over.

Edited by Bosco685

Overall I'm more excited for 'DCU', mainly because it isn't as locked down with a set standard aesthetic and long term plan like the MCU is. Feels like we can get far more interesting and different styles/ideas out of the future of DCU with the 'universe' connection being far looser (and a public/corporation that is totally at peace with recasting the big characters every few years without blinking an eye)

Edited by Sauce Dog

The upcoming DC slate seems more interesting than the MCU at present. Except for Spidey, the latest MCU announcements are lukewarm. Batman, Black Adam, Flash all look and sound good. I liked Aquaman and Shazam, so I'm interested in the sequels. 

DCU seems like a cluster #$%#. Outside of Batman, Superman and Harley, not alot to be excited about. From a speculation perspective, DC books don't seem to move much when stuff is announced. If they do, they cool off FAST. That tells me the market isn't too excited about what they're doing. See Doom Patrol and Suicide Squad books as examples. Blip, then gone....