• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S BEST IN CENSUS IS CLOSED
8 8

59 posts in this topic

Battle  48

One of  a couple hundred 50's war books I  picked up recently,  look for a war thread  some time next week.

Chipping upper LH corner, both FC and BC, dust shadow upper BC. Flat, tight, glossy, with offwhite - white pages.
Minor general wear, one tear interior,  gets slightly into one panel.

Asking  $50  SOLD!

b79w7Wl.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 12/8/2021 at 8:17 PM, catrick339 said:

Battle  48

One of  a couple hundred 50's war books I  picked up recently,  look for a war thread  some time next week.

Chipping upper LH corner, both FC and BC, dust shadow upper BC. Flat, tight, glossy, with offwhite - white pages.
Minor general wear, one tear interior,  gets slightly into one panel.

Asking  $50

b79w7Wl.jpg

Take it

Crime Reporter #1  St Johns,  1948.
First time I've gotten any issue from this title. 

Small splits upper and lower spine,  horizontal tear midspine, goes into the entire book a bit,  dogears and general wear. 
Chips and stain lower edge BC, other minor general mayhem. ALAS, the centerfold is missing. 

Buy it for the young lovely on the cover, and enjoy (most of) the stories. 

Yours for  $25  SOLD!

lnWcSQ3.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 12/8/2021 at 8:28 PM, catrick339 said:

Crime Reporter #1  St Johns,  1948.
First time I've gotten any issue from this title. 

Small splits upper and lower spine,  horizontal tear midspine, goes into the entire book a bit,  dogears and general wear. 
Chips and stain lower edge BC, other minor general mayhem. ALAS, the centerfold is missing. 

Buy it for the young lovely on the cover, and enjoy (most of) the stories. 

Yours for  $25

lnWcSQ3.jpg

Take it

Terrors of the Jungle 6

Gotta love a Cole Jungle Girl cover, right?

Small tear at lower staple FC, lots of dogears and folds FC, but still displays nicely. 

Flat, clean, bit of gloss left, tight spine and CF, white pages...on a copy with plenty of general wear, :D 

Asking  $75  SOLD!

DaM8Hkg.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 12/8/2021 at 5:38 PM, catrick339 said:

Terrors of the Jungle 6

Gotta love a Cole Jungle Girl cover, right?

Small tear at lower staple FC, lots of dogears and folds FC, but still displays nicely. 

Flat, clean, bit of gloss left, tight spine and CF, white pages...on a copy with plenty of general wear, :D 

Asking  $75

DaM8Hkg.jpg

take it

That's it for this evening, I'll be back tomorrow night with one more small handful. 
I'm busy sorting through  the new arrivals, getting  ready for a new thread next week. 
Heavy on 50's war books there will be a bit of mixed grille too,  including a couple more slabs,
at least one Matt Baker romance, and some precode horror, so tomorrow night will
be it for this thread.  I wanted to see if  there was any interest in a census highest book hereabouts. 

On 12/8/2021 at 7:04 PM, Comcav said:

I've been known to ingest a highest graded book or two.  They become part of my collective.  Looking forward to seeing what else you serve up.  For possible assimilation.

XOXO,

Takebot

Maybe you should change your name to Takeborg... hm

Woo woo! On with the raw books! The war books should be pretty good exemplars of what's coming next week,
at least among the nicer grad4es.  I SHOULD have  a good sized pile of Rough Readers too, all in the $5 to $10 range.

Star Spangled War Stories 44

Touch of spine/stacking roll, chip out lower spine BC, one tiny spot of water along the spine BC. Teensy tear LH edge BC
Tight,  clean,   glossy, white pages

Asking  $50

0GT4JhP.jpg

All-American Comics 62

Tape along spine inside cover,  narrow strip missing upper spine (probably silverfish), small tear upper LH BC. 
Smal tear  LH edge BC, bit of spine roll, general wear. Upper staple rusty with a whiff of migration. Tight with white pages.
With all that said, it still looks mighty good in a new Mylar,  it displays very nicely. 

Yours for $100

3aqhX8h.jpg

Battle Cry 20  Stanmor, Sept 1955
Last issue.  I have a couple other Stanmor  books set aside for the thread next week,  I don't seem to run across them very often.

Small corner off lower RH FC, three chips off  RH edge to boot. Tiny corner and chip off upper LH edge BC.
Flat, tight, clean, good gloss,  offwhite - white pages

Asking $100  SOLD!

Q6eVPlM.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 12/9/2021 at 7:06 PM, catrick339 said:

Battle Cry 20  Stanmor, Sept 1955
Last issue.  I have a couple other Stanmor  books set aside for the thread next week,  I don't seem to run across them very often.

Small corner off lower RH FC, three chips off  RH edge to boot. Tiny corner and chip off upper LH edge BC.
Flat, tight, clean, good gloss,  offwhite - white pages

Asking $100

Q6eVPlM.jpg

take

Our Army At War 63

Smsll water upper LH corner, touch of stacking roll, two tiny tears RH edge  FC, with a gold running betwen them.
Light dogear lower RH FC. Clean, bright, glossy,  tight spine and CF,  white pages

Asking $75

zX4RDhj.jpg