• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions Regarding Custom Labels and Order Creation
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Jennifer,

I have a few questions I would like to ask you:

1) Can I go ahead and create an order even if I won't be shipping the books to CGC for 6 months?

I am asking because the way I understand it is that as long as an order is created for a custom label, CGC will continue to be able to use that labels for orders already in the system even if the books are received in by CGC after the label has been discontinued. Is this correct?

2) Do you have any idea how long the custom KultureCity label will be available?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately, once a label is retired, we don't keep a supply of them in stock for submissions so once they run out we will not be getting any more of them.  If you had an order created months prior that had the labels requested, we would not be able to honor that as we no longer would have them in stock. They may have a small supply set aside strictly for reholder purposes but they would not be available for general grading submissions.

We have not been provided with an end date for the Kulture City labels at this time, unfortunately.  I would say they should be available at least for the foreseeable future.  

Thank you!

Under the new submission format none of the Marvel custom labels are showing up. Were these retired recently? I had the option for the Wolverine one under the old format but not the Giant Size X-Men one. I waited for the update on the 15th hoping it would fix the problem but now I don't see any of the Marvel ones including the Wolverine one.

No_Marvel_Labels.PNG

• Administrator
On 12/16/2021 at 5:51 PM, ErikMac said:

Under the new submission format none of the Marvel custom labels are showing up. Were these retired recently? I had the option for the Wolverine one under the old format but not the Giant Size X-Men one. I waited for the update on the 15th hoping it would fix the problem but now I don't see any of the Marvel ones including the Wolverine one.

No_Marvel_Labels.PNG

Hello

The Web Development team are having issues with the online form, these labels are available, just write a manual handwritten note to add these labels to the books on the submission form, and we will manually adjust his submission when we process this into our system.

Thanks,

Mike

On 12/10/2021 at 10:15 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately, once a label is retired, we don't keep a supply of them in stock for submissions so once they run out we will not be getting any more of them.  If you had an order created months prior that had the labels requested, we would not be able to honor that as we no longer would have them in stock. They may have a small supply set aside strictly for reholder purposes but they would not be available for general grading submissions.

We have not been provided with an end date for the Kulture City labels at this time, unfortunately.  I would say they should be available at least for the foreseeable future.  

Thank you!

@Jennifer F. Could you please update me on the KultureCity custom labels? I heard that they are almost sold out. Is that true? They have only been available for a few months.

Thank you

• Administrator

Hello, you can find all of our current labels listed here: CGC's Custom Label Series | CGC (cgccomics.com)  No one has advised us that the Kulture City labels are going away any time soon so you should be able to request them at least for the foreseeable future.

Thank you!

What if we submitted our books in January and requested the Spider-man Custom Labels for our books at that time, then in May CGC retires some labels that would have applied to the books submitted months before the retired date. 

Will the books still get the Custom Labels? 

Is there only a finite number of Labels for books? 

I'm asking because I submitted about 100 books, most of them are Silver Age Amazing Spider-man.  A BIG factor in submitting them was because I WANTED them to all have the custom label. 

Will there be a "new" Spider-man custom label soon?

• Administrator

@Sonar1994 Any books that were received into the system with the label requested will receive the requested label. After the label is retired we do keep a stock of each label to be used on those submissions that already requested this label and a small stock of labels to be used for Mechanical Error submissions. Once these have been used up after the retirement of the label the labels will not be printed again. 

Lastly, we can not offer any insight on when future characters that will be used for custom labels. Be sure to be signed up to our news letter so you are among the first to know of the new labels being released.