• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 222 the next Batman 227?
2 2

78 posts in this topic

This one is getting hard to find. I waited for 3 years before finding one that didn't have the bottom staple detached, was miswrapped or had Goober Grape all over the front cover. They are expensive pro graded even in lower grade. High grade examples are really rare to see for sale.

I think this book has legs. And although I certainly don't wish for it, when Paul McCartney really DOES shrug off his mortal coil, the book will go bananas. And NOW I am faced with wanting a copy with a pence stamp on it, showing it is a British copy.

s-l1600.jpg

Nope. People who care about the Beatles are getting long in the tooth. Limited shelf life; approaching expiration date IMO. If you're a Beatles fan this may be hard to fathom but they are not universally loved, just broadly loved. Not singling them out; probably true of any of this sub-genre of comic collecting. There's a Kathy issue with Sinatra and I forget who else. Or try to get guide for Ricky Nelson, Pat Boone, etc. Jughead's Folly is a tough one-shot and the first reference to Elvis in comics. But most every copy extant is available on ebay and usually pretty cheap. Etc.

On 12/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, Readcomix said:

Nope. People who care about the Beatles are getting long in the tooth. Limited shelf life; approaching expiration date IMO. If you're a Beatles fan this may be hard to fathom but they are not universally loved, just broadly loved. Not singling them out; probably true of any of this sub-genre of comic collecting. There's a Kathy issue with Sinatra and I forget who else. Or try to get guide for Ricky Nelson, Pat Boone, etc. Jughead's Folly is a tough one-shot and the first reference to Elvis in comics. But most every copy extant is available on ebay and usually pretty cheap. Etc.

This. Elvis collectibles have dropped like a rock, Beatles will follow suit sooner rather than later. 222 is pretty awesome though. 

On 12/14/2021 at 10:56 AM, october said:

This. Elvis collectibles have dropped like a rock, Beatles will follow suit sooner rather than later. 222 is pretty awesome though. 

Who is Elvis?

I joke: "It Happened at the World's Fair" and "Kissin' Cousins."

On 12/14/2021 at 4:56 AM, Randall Ries said:

This one is getting hard to find. I waited for 3 years before finding one that didn't have the bottom staple detached, was miswrapped or had Goober Grape all over the front cover. They are expensive pro graded even in lower grade. High grade examples are really rare to see for sale.

I think this book has legs. And although I certainly don't wish for it, when Paul McCartney really DOES shrug off his mortal coil, the book will go bananas. And NOW I am faced with wanting a copy with a pence stamp on it, showing it is a British copy.

s-l1600.jpg

Huh! I didn't catch a word in your post, I was to busy staring :shy:

On 12/14/2021 at 10:15 AM, Readcomix said:

Are there any comics with Billie Eilish in them that I can monetize for the long haul!  (: