• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[ FINAL TALLY: $2594 ] 2ND ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY THREAD - Let's cap off an Amazing (Spider-Man 33), Sensation...(Comics 87)...al year in style!!
6 6

105 posts in this topic

So a fun fact -- we're a little over 12 hours into this, and I've already tallied up $926 in pledged donations (nearly 2/3 of last year's total already).  We're on a pace to shatter last year's total.  

Who rules?  O'Doyle...I mean...each and every one of you rules!!  

And if some of you start colluding, you might drive @SkOw up to $1500 by himself!  lol

Edited by mattn792

mattn792 said:

"I will ship my book insured USPS priority to the winner, and I will cover the shipping cost.  @BuscemasAvengers - please feel free to chime in with your shipping details as well."

Chime: I'll cover shipping as well, via Canada Post.

Lately me and Elsa seem to be competing for the same spot on the couch, so this is my current view of the football pregame show…

35416B1C-C5FA-47B0-AE8A-35CA31D2A0C3.jpeg

Sorry for not posting a recap and leaderboard last night, work parties and Chargers/Chiefs and such.  As of now I have us at $976, and since I like round numbers, I'll toss in the $24 to bring us to $1000.  

Our top three currently stands as:

@jbpez is on top with the $200 from his Kull #1 sale -- (CLOSED) Avengers 47 CGC 9.4 1st Black Knight Dane Whitman Big Apple Pedigree!!! JBPEZ...Schomburg WWII Nazi cover, Edgar Church, Weird Mysteries 7 Classic Baily PCH Cover, **** KULL 1 CGC 9.6...CHARITY ITEM!! ONLY $200 and SHIPS FREE!! - Page 2 - Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

@SkOw is in a very competitive second at $181

@topofthetotem's $180 got Price is Right'd but is still sitting in a comfy third.

Maybe, possibly we can surpass last year's total of $1522 by COB tomorrow...  hm

I am not exactly flush myself but can you message me on the right way to go about this. I’d love to do something similar. I have books I can put out for my cause but it seems you have a real handle on things. Might wait to do mine next year as I don’t want to rush it but super cause my friend. 

Congratulations . 

On 12/19/2021 at 5:19 PM, topofthetotem said:

When does this end btw. 

On 12/19/2021 at 6:17 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

Tuesday. It's in the "How does this thread work" section.

Tuesday at 8 pm central to be exact (thumbsu

On 12/19/2021 at 4:58 PM, Comcav said:

ok, I'm in for $200 thanks to the @jbpez mini special thread.  So what else do I need to do to beat up on @SkOw ?

Well at the moment, @SkOw is on top at $202, while @Comcav & @jbpez are tied at $200 each.

My suggestion would be just add another 0 to your current pledge total, @SkOw seems pretty committed this year :bigsmile:

Our current overall total is palendromic (spell check says that isn't a word, but I say nuts to that!) - $1221