• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[ FINAL TALLY: $2594 ] 2ND ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY THREAD - Let's cap off an Amazing (Spider-Man 33), Sensation...(Comics 87)...al year in style!!
6 6

105 posts in this topic

So a fun fact -- we're a little over 12 hours into this, and I've already tallied up $926 in pledged donations (nearly 2/3 of last year's total already).  We're on a pace to shatter last year's total.  

Who rules?  O'Doyle...I mean...each and every one of you rules!!  

And if some of you start colluding, you might drive @SkOw up to $1500 by himself!  lol

Edited by mattn792

mattn792 said:

"I will ship my book insured USPS priority to the winner, and I will cover the shipping cost.  @BuscemasAvengers - please feel free to chime in with your shipping details as well."

Chime: I'll cover shipping as well, via Canada Post.

Sorry for not posting a recap and leaderboard last night, work parties and Chargers/Chiefs and such.  As of now I have us at $976, and since I like round numbers, I'll toss in the $24 to bring us to $1000.  

Our top three currently stands as:

@jbpez is on top with the $200 from his Kull #1 sale -- (CLOSED) Avengers 47 CGC 9.4 1st Black Knight Dane Whitman Big Apple Pedigree!!! JBPEZ...Schomburg WWII Nazi cover, Edgar Church, Weird Mysteries 7 Classic Baily PCH Cover, **** KULL 1 CGC 9.6...CHARITY ITEM!! ONLY $200 and SHIPS FREE!! - Page 2 - Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

@SkOw is in a very competitive second at $181

@topofthetotem's $180 got Price is Right'd but is still sitting in a comfy third.

Maybe, possibly we can surpass last year's total of $1522 by COB tomorrow...  hm

I am not exactly flush myself but can you message me on the right way to go about this. I’d love to do something similar. I have books I can put out for my cause but it seems you have a real handle on things. Might wait to do mine next year as I don’t want to rush it but super cause my friend. 

Congratulations . 

On 12/19/2021 at 4:58 PM, Comcav said:

ok, I'm in for $200 thanks to the @jbpez mini special thread.  So what else do I need to do to beat up on @SkOw ?

Well at the moment, @SkOw is on top at $202, while @Comcav & @jbpez are tied at $200 each.

My suggestion would be just add another 0 to your current pledge total, @SkOw seems pretty committed this year :bigsmile:

Our current overall total is palendromic (spell check says that isn't a word, but I say nuts to that!) - $1221