• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SANTA CLARITA VALLEY COMIC CON at the Hyatt Valencia Sunday Feb 6, 2022 10am -4pm

26 posts in this topic

It’s amazing the amount of incredible books in that room. Some of the best and most ambitious dealers in the WORLD displaying at your local comic swap. No massive lines or outrageous entry fees. The Los Angeles and Orange County basins well represented and international superstar Harley Yee, locals Robotman and Jim with just ridiculous amounts of vintage oddball and rarely never seen 40’ and 50’s material at affordable prices. And I heard the Carbonaro effect was in full bloom as well.

BEB28F85-F88E-46E3-A0F2-A838F0979CBD.jpeg

On 2/9/2022 at 4:58 PM, Robot Man said:

Yeah, was a good show. Certainly not worth a cross country plane flight though. Unless, you wanted some sunny 80 degree weather.

I sure hope I will have his energy when I get that old…:roflmao:

When dealers get old, they retire to San Diego or thereabouts. :preach: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

From what I'm seeing this has become a North Hollywood bar show. I will not be attending with myself and the group of three people I go to shows with. This looks to have gone from a pretty decent show with Harley, Terry and other good local dealers to a show that decided they wanted it in a neighborhood bar. Myself and my cousin posted on ther facebook page with our dissatifaction with the location and the response has just been to delete our posts on the facebook page.  They may have had a semi decent show this go around without their attendance base not knowing how bad the location was. 

Yeah, I didn’t set up but I didn’t hear good things from a friend that attended. Small, hard to find and no parking. A big change from the big Hyatt show last time. He has announced August 27 as the next one. No mention of location. I suspect he got complaints. I won’t be going either way as I have a big show the week before and a family commitment the day of the show.

I hope he straightens it out. A con like this is sorely needed in LA and a golden opportunity for a local promoter.

I thought about visiting the place at least once, but I guess I thought about visiting the place at least once, but I guess I didn't catch it at its best. And I would only like to visit such an event that is normally organized without problems. Given its reputation at the moment, we can say that it is like Salem Witch Trials, a very interesting analogy in my opinion. I'm just a bit obsessed with the subject, I've even read a couple of essays about it on https://happyessays.com/free-essays/salem-witch-trials/ and I want to try my hand at this craft myself. And so I think that the time will pass and everything will either be forgotten or corrected as it was, the main thing is just to wait and everything will be exactly. So I will keep an eye on the news so as not to miss the opportunity again.   I didn't catch it at its best.

Edited by Declact