• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyperion?
2 2

36 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2021 at 5:26 PM, Bo1983 said:

Hyperion has bigger  underwear lol 

2BEF7EE7-BB0C-42AD-9E36-53C9C27DBCF6.jpeg

Weightlifting support belt.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Possibly derivative of this, as well…

1096203.jpg

Although, belts of power go back into classical mythology as well.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/16/2021 at 7:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The MCU doesn't know how to handle power and personality; That's why all of their characters are nerfed into the ground. They would have no idea what to do with Hyperion, because he isn't charming or complex like Kal-El.

I think that’s always been the problem with writing for Superman to begin with.  Personally, that’s why I liked Man of Steel.  Superman is portrayed as the omnipotent alien god that faces hard choices, because even he cannot save everyone and do everything.  

When Superman is written as the ultimate god that can do everything and anything then there isn’t really a need for anyone else to do their thing. 

On 12/16/2021 at 4:49 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Blue Marvel is also at a similar power level.

The Superman equivalent could be African-American.

Or Indian, or Asian, or Hispanic (if we’re white-washing again). I get that African American is the woke answer, but I’d rather see a strong Hispanic character in the MCU at this point. Don’t think we’ve seen one. 

On 12/17/2021 at 4:05 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Or Indian, or Asian, or Hispanic (if we’re white-washing again). I get that African American is the woke answer, but I’d rather see a strong Hispanic character in the MCU at this point. Don’t think we’ve seen one. 

Whatever.  Just that the other choices before mine were the more typical and obvious.

On 12/17/2021 at 12:38 PM, Readcomix said:

I would say more like Ultraman of the Crime Syndicate of America but I agree with your general description of the original Hyperion.

That had occurred to me, but evil Hyperion has a characterisation much closer to Black Adam, coming across as an absolute thug and acting with extreme brutality, as in the Secret Wars' Squadron mini-series.

On 12/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, AGGIEZ said:

They could always add Hector...

FB_IMG_1638644103578.jpg.4f181e24b5a40e9b7d0fbd9bef8057fd.jpg

On 12/17/2021 at 2:17 PM, Ken Aldred said:

That had occurred to me, but evil Hyperion has a characterisation much closer to Black Adam, coming across as an absolute thug and acting with extreme brutality, as in the Secret Wars' Squadron mini-series.

You need to read the 2 King Hyperion stories in Exiles to get an idea of how brutal he can be (and how powerful he is).