• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Collecting Goals for 2022
1 1

20 posts in this topic

What are your BA collecting goals for the upcoming year?

Some of mine include-

-Continue collecting BA horror

-Dabble into other BA themes (perhaps war books)

-Obtain a few more BA keys (GSX 1, IH 181, TOD 10.

- Obtain more BA Detectives

Edited by Mr.Fantastic

Any of my Bronze goals are entirely secondary to what I'm trying to get done in the Silver Age.  However, my top "targets of opportunity" goal in the Bronze Age is to obtain high-grade books I had subscriptions to in the mid-70s, including ASM, FF, IM, MTU.  Made a bit of progress on this in 2021.  Also to fill in any Bronze Age holes in my main titles, mostly post-1978.

Edited by MattTheDuck

Picking away at my DC horror want list. Trying to finish House of Mystery 174-180 in 9.2 or better

Getting a few more Adams Batmans in 9.0 or better.

Re-buying the last few issues I need of X-Men between 94 and 143 in 9.2 or better and keeping them this time. (Lucky I only sold around 4)

Maybe picking up a first Sabertooth.

Edited by Rip

Finish my Bronze run of FF (39 issues to go) and Incredible Hulk (72 to go). Half of the IH are 255- 290, which I have none, so I'll start with the lower numbers. 

Ghosts 10,13 and 17 in HG with good centering. #10 is especially killing me with its black cover. 

My Love 17 and 18 (last two issue I need of my non-reprint run. The issues after that I'm much less interested in.)

Star Wars 4 (I'll get around to it...)

Weird Mystery Tales 2 in HG. Maybe some of the other covers.

Continue slowly working on my Weird War Tales run. I have twenty-one books left to go. About half are in the early numbers, and the other half are mostly in the 50s-60s.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed some better WWT copies will turn up than what's currently available on the web from various sites. I don't like to buy fillers if I can help it, and I almost never upgrade.

I'm not sure there's any keys left I want to pay silly money for. There's a DC oddball first issue I'd like to get in HG, but the current prices don't make any sense!

Oh, yeah, and catch up on my reading. So many books...

I have pretty much all of them I want. All my bronze books need to be at least 9.0. Never got a Dracula 10 and I've made peace with that. To me that's the most overpriced Bronze book (tied with WWBN 32). Sold my WWBN 32 9.0 early last year and I'll never make peace with that. I'd like to upgrade my 6.5 HOS 92 to an 8.0. Need a Mister Miracle 4, Swamp Thing 1, and Batman 251. And a Tales to Astonish 25. 

Will be looking for certain hulk books that are impossible/difficult to find.

Hulk 188 in 9.8

Hulk 158 in 9.8

Hulk 137 in 9.8

And to finish my Thanos storyline set, I need Captain Marvel 28 in 9.8.