• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have been getting reports of posts disappearing, and posts showing up days earlier in a thread.
3 3

32 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 12/18/2021 at 7:52 PM, CGC Mike said:

I just made a few posts in a PM thread, and the posts showed up well above the other posts.  

Now they are showing up at the end of the PM.  

Today, from my LAPTOP, not my phone, I posted in a PM and my posts  were showing up with the posts from Wednesday, even though I did them this morning and there were later posts, they just decided they liked being Wednesday posts instead of Sat posts, I guess...but not with everybody, just with one person..

Edited by skypinkblu

Admittedly low post count here.  Tried to replay to a thread earlier this week and it disappeared after I hit post.  A couple of days later I tried to react to a post and that didn't work either.  Using Firefox on a Windows 10 desktop (home-built).

On 12/19/2021 at 12:50 PM, kenaran said:

Admittedly low post count here.  Tried to replay to a thread earlier this week and it disappeared after I hit post.  A couple of days later I tried to react to a post and that didn't work either.  Using Firefox on a Windows 10 desktop (home-built).

I have had this sort of thing happen before, too, on a Chrome based browser on the desktop. What I have noticed is if I open a thread in a window, leave it open for a while before I try to reply/react, I will see this sort of behavior. If I refresh the page, everything works fine.

On Chrome, desktop, answered two pms, hit enter, it showed the post but when I went back to add something my posts had disappeared. I tried refresh my prior post showed up as saved (not the one that disappeared).

I've just about given up posting from my phone, but I'm using Chrome there, too...so maybe it's a conflict with Chrome?

On 12/18/2021 at 7:58 PM, skypinkblu said:

I keep writing pms on my phone and I hit submit, it looks like it takes but it disappears. I don't even have it in editor. I have had, but rarely the same problem on my laptop.

Same issue. It doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally.  

I only ever sign in on my phone. 

On 12/18/2021 at 7:58 PM, skypinkblu said:

I keep writing pms on my phone and I hit submit, it looks like it takes but it disappears. I don't even have it in editor. I have had, but rarely the same problem on my laptop.

This is the issue I’m having exactly. It happens often and it makes me very sad. 

On 1/15/2022 at 5:38 PM, CGC Mike said:

If anyone else is having these types of problems, please post your experience here.  I will be linking this thread in a ticket to web help.

In that case I'm not going to post the joke post I was going to make.

• Administrator

Here's the response question from the developers.  

We followed up with the Invision team and they are asking if the users whose posts are disappearing/not being saved are posting any particular kind of content. Like are they posing images or just a few words?

This should help them investigate what is going on.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:23 AM, CGC Mike said:

Here's the response question from the developers.  

We followed up with the Invision team and they are asking if the users whose posts are disappearing/not being saved are posting any particular kind of content. Like are they posing images or just a few words?

This should help them investigate what is going on.

Both, I've tried to post pictures from my phone into a thread and I've answered PMs and the pictures and the words look like they are there when I post on the phone, but when I bring them up on my desktop, they are gone. 

This does not happen every time, but it happens maybe half the time.

In addition (as long as they are asking) ...I have trouble logging in almost every morning (on my PC), I get spinning lines. I don't have to log out and back like I did before, but I have to hit the back key. Sometimes that helps after 1 time, sometimes 3 times.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:25 PM, skypinkblu said:

Both, I've tried to post pictures from my phone into a thread and I've answered PMs and the pictures and the words look like they are there when I post on the phone, but when I bring them up on my desktop, they are gone. 

This does not happen every time, but it happens maybe half the time.

In addition (as long as they are asking) ...I have trouble logging in almost every morning (on my PC), I get spinning lines. I don't have to log out and back like I did before, but I have to hit the back key. Sometimes that helps after 1 time, sometimes 3 times.

Yep.  Both types of posts.

Also, continued issues logging in (with phone).  Every few days need to completely sign out and sign back in.  

Ok so I have noticed that when I am typing a reply that there are times when I hit send and it vanishes. 

Other times if I am going to upload pictures it operates like normal until I select the photo I want to upload then it just resets back to the empty field(no text and no image. If I go to retype it and upload pictures again , sometimes it will upload to photos (previous one is there , but doesn't show until posted ) which then I have to edit and remove the second upload. 

Sometimes if I toggle between typing a reply/ uploading photo to another tab of app when I come back to this one everything vanishes.  Sometimes I can just reload page and all of what I had typed will reappear without having to retype it, other times it will have my last post in that field and will have lost everything I was typing.

Another issue I have noticed is that if I copy or download text of pictures from here the (cut copy paste bar) will randomly come back while reading or scrolling through a page and prevent hitting back or return. This will happen multiple times after anything is copied .