• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are people keeping their non super high grade TMNT 1 third prints? Where are they on the market?
2 2

17 posts in this topic

I look at Clink, E-bay, HA, for a nice but not crazy expensive TMNT 1 but all I see are 9.6 and up. That was a well read book, there must be several 8.0, 9.0, 9,2s out there, especially of the third print which is the most common with that initial cover, but I just don't see them sold at the moment. Is it because people are waiting for it to be worthwhile to send them to get slabbed, or simply worthwhile to sell?

There is another Eastman signing coming up so some people might be submitting their copies to that. 

I'm also getting the impression that the overall Turtles market, other than the first print of issue 1, is pulling back a bit from the boom so collectors might be holding on to their books. 

On 12/22/2021 at 11:08 AM, Ryan. said:

Da fugg?? 

I'm arguably being unfair to the first film, which was, to its credit, the highest grossing indie film until Blair Witch.

On the other hand, the critics rightly savaged it for plotting, cinematography, some of the effects, and characterization. It was probably the best TMNT film that 1990 was capable of producing, but it doesn't hold up fantastically well in retrospect. And in the age of the MCU, audiences are going to demand higher quality comic book adaptations. 1990's TMNT would not do as well as it did, if it was releasing now.

On 12/22/2021 at 1:07 PM, Qalyar said:

1990's TMNT would not do as well as it did, if it was releasing now.

Err, okay. But it wasn't released now; it was released three decades ago. Weird. 

Anyway, as has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards, TMNT is an IP firmly entrenched in modern pop culture regardless of whether or not there is a movie driving interest. 

Edited by Ryan.

On 12/21/2021 at 7:38 AM, Ryan. said:

There is another Eastman signing coming up so some people might be submitting their copies to that. 

I'm also getting the impression that the overall Turtles market, other than the first print of issue 1, is pulling back a bit from the boom so collectors might be holding on to their books. 

Got any details on the signing, I've got a stack of books waiting for his marker....