• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man vs. Firelord

31 posts in this topic

Talk about a steaming pile of crepe, just to get back some 3rd-stringer.

And naturally it was Byrne at the helm, screwing over another 20 years of continuity, and trying to tell people that Iron Fist effectively never exists in comics at all, until that Namor issue. What a HACK.

Instead, we were reading about a walking tomato for 15-20 years... Christo_pull_hair.gif

It's like he took the horrible Dark Phoenix retcon to the absolute extreme.

You're just frikkin' dead wrong. You've got amnesia or something. Spidy ran like a chicken and then finally got ticked off. He ended up punching the living fire snot out of Firelord. The Avengers had to stop Spidy because Firelord was unconscious and getting slugged.

You're just frikkin' dead wrong. You've got amnesia or something. Spidy ran like a chicken and then finally got ticked off. He ended up punching the living fire snot out of Firelord. The Avengers had to stop Spidy because Firelord was unconscious and getting slugged.

Isn't the point that Spidey actually beat the heck out of Firelord? Firelord, herald to Galactus, relative equal in power to Silver Surfer?

I remember reading this story (I think form the mid-80's) in Avengers or one of the spider-man books. I remember REALLY enjoying it, and want to revisit, but I can't seem to find it....Spider-man fights him for a long time, then the avengers finally show up...

Does anyone remember this arc and which books it was in?

Thanks!

Yes and I remember being pissed off that a Herald of Galactus could be beaten by Spiderman. I mean come on he could have fried an entire city block if he needed to. I stopped reading Spidey after that. The Juggernaut was one thing as it was well explained and plausible, but Firelord was a joke.

Well, under normal circumstances none of the Heralds could be touched by the majority of the MU heroes. But then again, I think the point of the story is that Spidey, a hero, wouldn't give up the fight even against a foe that was far superior in power than he was. Not a bad story really. Just a story trying to make a point. And really, no worse a match up than anyone against Magneto, Apocalypse, Silver Surfer, Thor, Molecule Man or Hulk. If these characters were utilized at their true power level no one could stop them.