• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,652 posts in this topic

:( I just sold it for money for the con. I saw a comparative sale on ebay, and I decided to take it the LCS. The sale on ebay was $379, and the LCS gave me half at $190 lol but I only paid $134 idk haha it happens, a tale of whoa perhaps.

It did pay for me to get a photo with the Undertaker at an upcoming comic con, @Buzzetta

received_5221413497926902.webp

On 6/5/2022 at 4:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:( I just sold it for money for the con. I saw a comparative sale on ebay, and I decided to take it the LCS. The sale on ebay was $379, and the LCS gave me half at $190 lol but I only paid $134 idk haha it happens, a tale of whoa perhaps.

It did pay for me to get a photo with the Undertaker at an upcoming comic con, @Buzzetta

received_5221413497926902.webp

I think you've got the wrong thread, Addy. 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:04 PM, Cat said:

I didn't know where else to post it (shrug)

This thread is about "anything", but I still post about comics every once in a while... among other things (thumbsu

it was more to vent, as I'm sad to see it go

May be an image of 4 people and text that says 'Google kockcoophdes List of Inquisitors All Images Shopping News LIST OF INQUISITORS Videos Maps sii... Fifth Brother Seventh Sister Tomás de Torquemada Torquen Coteaz NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION made with mematic'

On 6/4/2022 at 2:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 6/4/2022 at 2:04 PM, Cat said:

This thread is about "anything", but I still post about comics every once in a while... among other things (thumbsu

May be an image of 4 people and text that says 'Google kockcoophdes List of Inquisitors All Images Shopping News LIST OF INQUISITORS Videos Maps sii... Fifth Brother Seventh Sister Tomás de Torquemada Torquen Coteaz NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION made with mematic'

Excets open knowledge 1932 GIF - Find on GIFER

On 6/5/2022 at 5:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ahhhh, my bad. Yeah, that's a nice sketch. You must be sad to let it go. I know nothing about wrestling to know if this was worth it or not, sorry. 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:25 PM, Cat said:

Ahhhh, my bad. Yeah, that's a nice sketch. You must be sad to let it go. I know nothing about wrestling to know if this was worth it or not, sorry. 

Me either. I haven't watched since 2002 or so. My brother who attends these cons with me saw that they would appear, and he got all excited.

Then he looked at the price. :whatthe:

So I said that I'd split the cost of the Undertaker. Just to make it semi justified, I hope.

It was more a passing comment to discuss than our usual lol

No worries. I'm excited and just need to say something 😃

On 6/5/2022 at 5:28 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Me either. I haven't watched since 2002 or so. My brother who attends these cons with me saw that they would appear, and he got all excited.

Then he looked at the price. :whatthe:

So I said that I'd split the cost of the Undertaker. Just to make it semi justified, I hope.

It was more a passing comment to discuss than our usual lol

No worries. I'm excited and just need to say something 😃

Haha, I know that feeling, bursting to tell someone. Hope you and your bro have a great time with him, and that meeting him is everything you'd hoped it'd be. 

I've got a Penn And Teller (magicians, not wrestlers lol) performance coming up, their first ever Aussie tour, and I'm hoping to get one of Penn's books signed. I've had to order one specially for it, as I only buy books for Kindle, excepting comics of course, I buy those physical. I'm excited at the chance of getting it signed, so I know your feeling right now. 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:36 PM, Cat said:

Haha, I know that feeling, bursting to tell someone. Hope you and your bro have a great time with him, and that meeting him is everything you'd hoped it'd be. 

I've got a Penn And Teller (magicians, not wrestlers lol) performance coming up, their first ever Aussie tour, and I'm hoping to get one of Penn's books signed. I've had to order one specially for it, as I only buy books for Kindle, excepting comics of course, I buy those physical. I'm excited at the chance of getting it signed, so I know your feeling right now. 

Amen! The magicians, I've watched them from time to time. They're usually pretty spirited and fun, should be a good show!

I hope you make it to a camera or something lol I'm sure whatever they have planned though will be big, like a "big top" or circus :headbang:

Always fun to see lively stuff. Sometimes during the year I get pretty focused on comics, it's just nice to pay for something "without" expecting some kind of return.

Good to pay for entertainment :banana:

I think my last non-comic book signing was George RR Martin, author of A Song Of Ice And Fire, aka Game Of Thrones. There were VERY specific rules posted. Your book must be open and ready to sign at this page. If not ready you will be asked to leave. If on the wrong page you will be asked to leave and requeue. All very frightening. No personalisations (damn). 

I'd special ordered an American Barnes And Noble Hardcover of AGOT, book 1. Really nice edition, archival. When I got up there George looked at me funny and stopped. I almost messed myself thinking 'what did I do wrong?'. Then he asked me what the heck was this edition doing in Australia of all places. I explained I wanted something special. He nodded, understanding. He then said if I didn't mind it's actually best to sign these on another page than the page demanded for everyone else, would I mind if he does that? It'll look much better that way. I said of course, it's your book, sign where you think is best, and thank you for caring. 

I'd been so fearful but he was a lovely guy. I had friends waiting who were wondering what was going on, because their signing had taken mere seconds, meanwhile mine had taken a while. They assumed I'd messed up but he'd taken pity on me. Nope, he was just a really nice guy who cared about his signature placement and wanted to talk about this special edition I'd ordered specifically for this signing. He also told me I shouldn't order special editions just for him to sign, I should save the money. I thanked him profusely, and he asked me if I'd be at his panel. I of course answered yes, I was looking forward to it. And that was it. 

All over an unusual American edition. 

Edited by Cat

On 6/4/2022 at 2:51 PM, Cat said:

I think my last non-comic signing was George RR Martin, author of A Song Of Ice And Fire, aka Game Of Thrones. There were VERY specific rules posted. Your book must be open and ready to sign at this page. If not ready you will be asked to leave. If on the wrong page you will be asked to leave and requeue. All very frightening. No personalisations (damn). 

I'd special ordered an American Barnes And Noble Hardcover of AGOT, book 1. Really nice edition, archival. When I got up there George looked at me funny and stopped. I almost messed myself thinking 'what did I do wrong?'. Then he asked me what the heck was this edition doing in Australia of all places. I explained I wanted something special. He nodded, understanding. He then said if I didn't mind it's actually best to sign these on another page than the page demanded for everyone else, would I mind if he does that? It'll look much better that way. I said of course, it's your book, sign where you think is best, and thank you for caring. 

I'd been so fearful but he was a lovely guy. I had friends waiting who were wondering what was going on, because their signing had taken mere seconds, meanwhile mine had taken a while. They assumed I'd messed up but he'd taken pity on me. Nope, he was just a really nice guy who cared about his signature placement and wanted to talk about this special edition I'd ordered specifically for this signing. He also told me I shouldn't order special editions just for him to sign, I should save the money. I thanked him profusely, and he asked me if I'd be at his panel. I of course answered yes, I was looking forward to it. And that was it. 

All over an unusual American edition. 

See that's personable, and a great story plus experience! I had met Neal a couple of times at the con, and the 1st artist I brought my brother to that my brother said, "whoa, now that's good stuff!"

A bit of a personal experience that I got other things that day, that are also personalized and etc and I'm holding on to (thumbsu those!

I can only imagine that George, as important in the headlines as he was, being personal towards you made your day! :headbang: 

A tale of woe, now that Neal Is Gone; although, now that it has helped pay for new memories, it's all good!

Glad you have a story after all those precursors to the signing lol I'm sure everyone else was scratching their heads lol Sometimes you take what you can get :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/5/2022 at 5:58 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

See that's personable, and a great story plus experience! I had met Neal a couple of times at the con, and the 1st artist I brought my brother to that my brother said, "whoa, now that's good stuff!"

A bit of a personal experience that I got other things that day, that are also personalized and etc and I'm holding on to (thumbsu those!

I can only imagine that George, as important in the headlines as he was, being personal towards you made your day! :headbang: 

A tale of woe, now that Neal Is Gone; although, now that it has helped pay for new memories, it's all good!

Glad you have a story after all those precursors to the signing lol I'm sure everyone else was scratching their heads lol Sometimes you take what you can get :) 

Yeah, after I'd finished I turned around, and the girl behind me was giving me a death-stare. I didn't care, I was smiling. My friends were waiting to find out what had just happened. We were all happy. 

On 6/4/2022 at 3:08 PM, Cat said:

Yeah, after I'd finished I turned around, and the girl behind me was giving me a death-stare. I didn't care, I was smiling. My friends were waiting to find out what had just happened. We were all happy. 

y'all have a major con coming up in two weeks too, right?

I know because a friend told me, and it's the same weekend as mine! :)