• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,345 posts in this topic

I believe there is a major con y'alls 18th of June, which is my 17th of June.

So when I come home the first day, they'll be waking up for their first day.

:drumroll:

On 6/4/2022 at 3:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe this is the one that may have been "the one" for June 18th :wishluck: 

image.thumb.png.444d1365d25d26e5b216792a67c30447.png

On 6/5/2022 at 6:16 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yeah, Supanova Sydney. Nowhere near me, and I wouldn't be going anyway, terrible roster of guests, no one worth seeing IMO. Understandable that good guests may not want to travel, but the pandemic years really hurt Supanova's finances, and guests are expensive to get in Australia, with the additional travel costs and all that. 

On 6/4/2022 at 7:15 PM, Cat said:

Yeah, Supanova Sydney. Nowhere near me, and I wouldn't be going anyway, terrible roster of guests, no one worth seeing IMO. Understandable that good guests may not want to travel, but the pandemic years really hurt Supanova's finances, and guests are expensive to get in Australia, with the additional travel costs and all that. 

Is it at least good for comics I hope? I understand about the travel etc. we'll get there, and the mail from the USA just finally opened up a bit yesterday. Before yesterday it was limited.

Hopeful y'all get some game thrown your way :wishluck: Peace :x 

On 6/5/2022 at 10:18 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it at least good for comics I hope? I understand about the travel etc. we'll get there, and the mail from the USA just finally opened up a bit yesterday. Before yesterday it was limited.

Hopeful y'all get some game thrown your way :wishluck: Peace :x 

I've never been to the Sydney one, so I can't comment on that one, but the Brisbane one was pretty poor last time I was there. Just the local shops with the same old stuff, but marked up higher than usual. 

You know, wall books like Fantastic Four 2099 #1, for $100AU (about $80USD). That's raw, btw, not that I think it's worth that slabbed. 

On 6/4/2022 at 8:58 PM, Cat said:

You know, wall books like Fantastic Four 2099 #1, for $100AU (about $80USD). That's raw, btw, not that I think it's worth that slabbed. 

That's a good topic lol

My Australian friend has seen me purchase from a LCS and says they price to get the full amount, which is true.

I respect them cause they usually have the goods, and I can look through the volume and pic up a couple of items at least fairly priced.

I've tried to say at cons that some LCS look to cover tax in the price even with cash lol

Which is  :insane:

But a $300 comic in Texas will cost $325 with tax normally, yet at a con a $325 book before tax, might be priced at $375 usd. :(

It's either optimistic or idk, they sell or must, caus its always the same lol

I went to that LCS for over 15 years, and that same copy was on the wall the whole time, and only ever went UP in price. I have no idea what they were thinking. It was with the other foil covers on the wall, worthless yet astronomically overpriced, but pretty. I guess we were meant to be dazzled by their beauty? 

On 6/4/2022 at 9:19 PM, Cat said:

I went to that LCS for over 15 years, and that same copy was on the wall the whole time, and only ever went UP in price. I have no idea what they were thinking. It was with the other foil covers on the wall, worthless yet astronomically overpriced, but pretty. I guess we were meant to be dazzled by their beauty? 

:gossip: insurance.